+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing non-accompanying spouse to accompanying spouse (Grandparent sponsorship)

OmoJ

Feb 10, 2024
Hi. I sponsored my parents under the parent and grandparent sponsorship program. My mum is the principal applicant, and my dad is her dependent (non-accompanying spouse). They have both been asked to go for medical and police clearance.

Can I change my dad to an accompanying spouse? What will be the implication? Will it lengthen the processing time? How will I go about the change?

Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi. I sponsored my parents under the parent and grandparent sponsorship program. My mum is the principal applicant, and my dad is her dependent (non-accompanying spouse). They have both been asked to go for medical and police clearance.

Can I change my dad to an accompanying spouse? What will be the implication? Will it lengthen the processing time? How will I go about the change?

Thank you.
Why change him to PA? You can change him to accompanying.

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am not changing him to PA, I want to change him to accompanying spouse and would like to know the implications.
Thanks
I don't think there is any serious implications. Update the application forms to make him accompanying. He has to go through all the checks (meidcal, police, background) anyway (accompanying or not). Just make sure that he has a valid passport to travel when the application is approved.

Reactions: OmoJ

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am not changing him to PA, I want to change him to accompanying spouse and would like to know the implications.
Thanks
No implications because they both have to pass the medical. Just to confirm, she has not landed as PR.