Med's Done....
26.04.2013 & medicals received line appears in E cas on 27.05.2013
Interview........
Waved and decision made in E cas on 13.06.2013
Passport Req..
31.05.2013 & Passport submitted on 06.06.2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I am posting on behalf of my friend, who is a nurse. She applied under NOC3152, which is registered nurse. unfortunately it came back as she put academic IELTS instead of general. she want to apply again but the cap filled for registered nurses category . Now she is palnning to apply under Licensed Practical Nurses, NOC 3233, which is like nursing assistant....

My question is, is she eligible to apply under this NOC 3233?

in other terms can nurses apply under nursing assistant category. Do they question it later on or any chances of refusal?

wicky

Feb 27, 2011
LONDON UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
awaiting
IELTS Request
Submitted with application 7.5 Band
File Transfer...
awaiting
Med's Request
awaiting
Med's Done....
awaiting
Interview........
awaiting
Passport Req..
awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
awaiting
LANDED..........
awaiting
Well first of they have your current application and they might have scanned it, And if you reapply there is possibility they check that when you applied before, and if once an application is rejected all of the data is stored in their systems. Now you have to check how much of the duties and responsibilities match of these both NOC categories NOC3152, which is registered nurse and NOC 3233, which is licensed Practical Nurses, if they are same then she can apply. But one thing which came into my mind is that if these two are same to some extent then there is no point of differentiating these two in two NOC Categories.
Her case is already delayed if CIO sends the application back otherwise they might ask for General IELTS results.
Applying under the new category could result in application being refused and returned again, so the wise advice is to wait for about 2 months and let the cap refresh and apply in July.
Hope it helps.
Thanks
Wicky

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
ajis said:
I am posting on behalf of my friend, who is a nurse. She applied under NOC3152, which is registered nurse. unfortunately it came back as she put academic IELTS instead of general. she want to apply again but the cap filled for registered nurses category . Now she is palnning to apply under Licensed Practical Nurses, NOC 3233, which is like nursing assistant....

in other terms can nurses apply under nursing assistant category. Do they question it later on or any chances of refusal?
YES,she is eligible.
CIO returned her application as it was Incomplete (without GT IELTS). When application is incomplete, CIO doesnt keep any record of it. IF her application was complete, CIO would review her application and send either PER (positive eligibility review) or NER/rejection (Negative eligibility review). In both case (PER/NER) CIO keeps the record.

As your friend's application was sent back before review, there is no record of her application & eventually there is no chance of refusal if she reapplies under NOC 3233.

regards,
Dr.Hasib

elmo_25

Star Member
Dec 7, 2010
She can not reapply for the NOC 3233 as the cio requires 1 year of employment with that noc as far as I understand she works as a nurse...

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
elmo_25 said:
She can not reapply for the NOC 3233 as the cio requires 1 year of employment with that noc as far as I understand she works as a nurse...
She is a nurse indeed & that is why she can apply as Licesed practical nurse (NOC 3233)

elmo_25

Star Member
Dec 7, 2010
Applying as a skilled worker
Applications for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker Class can be submitted by foreign nationals who are skilled workers and professionals.

Important:
1) All applicants in the Federal Skilled Worker Class, must submit their application to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada.

2) All Applicants must complete the Fee Payment Form – Application for Permanent Residence – Federal Skilled Worker (IMM 5620), regardless of the chosen method of payment.

The following two categories of applications accompanied by the results of the principal applicant’s English or French language proficiency assessment, not exceeding the identified limit and that meet either of the following criteria shall be placed into processing:
•Applications from skilled workers with evidence of one year of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience in the last ten years in at least one of the National Occupation Classification (NOC) codes (and not combined partial year experience in multiple NOCs) specified in the Ministerial Instructions, up to a maximum of 20,000 new, complete applications per year with no more than 5% (1,000 applications) of this maximum in any one NOC category;

OR

•Applications submitted with an Arranged Employment Offer consistent with requirements of subsection R82(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
elmo_25 said:
Applying as a skilled worker
Applications for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker Class can be submitted by foreign nationals who are skilled workers and professionals.

Important:
1) All applicants in the Federal Skilled Worker Class, must submit their application to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada.

2) All Applicants must complete the Fee Payment Form – Application for Permanent Residence – Federal Skilled Worker (IMM 5620), regardless of the chosen method of payment.

The following two categories of applications accompanied by the results of the principal applicant's English or French language proficiency assessment, not exceeding the identified limit and that meet either of the following criteria shall be placed into processing:
•Applications from skilled workers with evidence of one year of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience in the last ten years in at least one of the National Occupation Classification (NOC) codes (and not combined partial year experience in multiple NOCs) specified in the Ministerial Instructions, up to a maximum of 20,000 new, complete applications per year with no more than 5% (1,000 applications) of this maximum in any one NOC category;

OR

•Applications submitted with an Arranged Employment Offer consistent with requirements of subsection R82(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).
Dear elmo_25,
She is a registered nurse & her job duties matches the job duties of LPN . Thus she is eligible to apply under NOC 3233(Licesed practical nurse)

mchowdhury

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
ajis said:

If she had put Academic IELTS, and if it was the only problem with her application -then CIO should have requested for GT IELTS, not return the whole application! Are you sure IELTS was the only reason? Asking because if she doesnt know the problems with her first application, then even this time if she re-applies she would have the risk of doing the same mistakes. In my opinion, as I have seen so fay, post June 26 applicants are given chance to submit GT IELTS if they had sent Academics IELTS instead.

elmo_25

Star Member
Dec 7, 2010
Dear Sir

I know that she is a nurse, the job duties of an RN and LPN too because I belong on both worlds but cio made it clear with dif noc among them. What employment certificate will she be presenting for the 1 year experience, as an RN while the cio is looking for an LPN certificate...

takemblues

Star Member
Dec 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr.Hasib said:
YES,she is eligible.
CIO returned her application as it was Incomplete (without GT IELTS). When application is incomplete, CIO doesnt keep any record of it. IF her application was complete, CIO would review her application and send either PER (positive eligibility review) or NER/rejection (Negative eligibility review). In both case (PER/NER) CIO keeps the record.

As your friend's application was sent back before review, there is no record of her application & eventually there is no chance of refusal if she reapplies under NOC 3233.

regards,
Dr.Hasib
Same thing happened with me my application was returned as INCOMPLETE. CIO sent a letter with it stating
"Your application fee was not processed and is also being returned to you. Your application has not been received, and no record has been retained."

i am also going to apply in another NOC.

ajis

Star Member
Jan 29, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
PER - 04.05.2011
File Transfer...
File transfer: 2.05.2011& inprocess on 07.06.2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26.04.2013 & medicals received line appears in E cas on 27.05.2013
Interview........
Waved and decision made in E cas on 13.06.2013
Passport Req..
31.05.2013 & Passport submitted on 06.06.2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
thanks for the replys. I checked the job responsbilitys of both the category. what i understood is a registered nurse can apply as LPN but LPN cennot as RN.

But still I am wondering about the points for experience, because experience letters indicates whe is RN not LPN, On the other hand she would be eligible to apply if they just check the dutys.

any help would be appreciated...
the only reson for refusal was IELTS. She has already taken a new Academic IELTS....

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
elmo_25 said:
Dear Sir

I know that she is a nurse, the job duties of an RN and LPN too because I belong on both worlds but cio made it clear with dif noc among them. What employment certificate will she be presenting for the 1 year experience, as an RN while the cio is looking for an LPN certificate...
Here is the tricky part ;). She has to update her Exp. certificates. In the exp certificate letter, she can mention that she is a RN (her post) and she has been performing following job duties which completely match the duties of LPN:
duties: 1
duties: 2..........

N.B: she will get full 21 points for 4/4+ years of work exp though she is a RN

regards,
Dr.Hasib

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
ajis said:
the only reson for refusal was IELTS. She has already taken a new Academic IELTS....
she must sit for GT IELTS not academic

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I want to add my voice to this one....evidence for work experience is not necessarily about job titles, but actual duties performed. thus she could be a RG but apply under LPN so far as the duties she has performed in the past match that of the ministerial instruction for LPN. good luck!

wicky

Feb 27, 2011
LONDON UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
awaiting
IELTS Request
Submitted with application 7.5 Band
File Transfer...
awaiting
Med's Request
awaiting
Med's Done....
awaiting
Interview........
awaiting
Passport Req..
awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
awaiting
LANDED..........
awaiting
ajis said:
thanks for the replys. I checked the job responsbilitys of both the category. what i understood is a registered nurse can apply as LPN but LPN cennot as RN.

But still I am wondering about the points for experience, because experience letters indicates when is RN not LPN, On the other hand she would be eligible to apply if they just check the dutys.

Do not take the risk here, they do not check the duties only but also the job title, that is why there are two NOC for one almost similar job.
Job title is also important with job duties and responsibilities. But in her case where CIO have kept no record of her file,

what she needs to do is just edit/ amend her job title do not worry about certificate or skills diploma etc, and reapply.
If she applies under LPN but keeps her job title as RN then CIO will look at the job title and then NOC which will be different then CIO can 100 % refuse her application.

I advice her better not to take this risk. We are clever but CIO is our master in these tricks, so do not play with masters.
If her GT Ielts is ready then she must not wait any more if not then wait and apply after 2 months.

Hope it helps.
Thanks
Wicky