+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

changing NOC code after receiving ITA

romeo2529

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
anandg said:
Hi,

My current and previous job experience is in NOC 1113 (forex dealer) based on which i received my ITA.

I received the work experience letter from current job for NOC 1113 (forex dealer)

But the work experience letter that i received from the previous job just states my designation (Financial Analyst NOC - 1112) even though i worked as a Forex dealer and the period of employment. Its basically just 2 lines of work experience letter and i do not have any proof to prove that i worked as a forex dealer in my previous job.

Now in this case what should be done;

1. Should i edit the NOC code and provide details in LOE

2. Should i reject and submit a fresh application.

Request your help and insights
Designations don't matter much. Do you have the NOC code too mentioned in your letter?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
anandg said:
Thanx for the reply. The NOC code is not mentioned on the letter.
That's not necessarily a good thing.

supreetsangha

Apr 4, 2017
Soullous said:
Hey there,

I did change it in both e-APR and LOE, however please note my application is still in progress. A conclusion can be made only after the decision made on the application.

Good luck! :)
Hello sir,
Do you have any update on your application?

stepover

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Please can anyone provide more details on this. I am not aware of the requirements.
E.g. Whats the minimum language requirements for Skill level O?

No difference in points. But there is a difference in the minimum language test scores between level B and levels O/A. Not a problem if you change from A to B after ITA, but if you change from B to A after ITA, you'd need to make sure your language results meet the requirements for the higher level.

Last edited:

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Please can anyone provide more details on this. I am not aware the requirements.
E.g. Whats the minimum language requirements for Skill level O?
Actually, I think the difference in minimum CLB level based on NOC Code is only applicable for CEC applicants. Did you apply under FSW or CEC?

See below from IRCC's website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language.asp

Federal Skilled Worker Program

First official language
Language-----------------Minimum level for all four abilities
English--------------------
CLB 7
French---------------------NCLC7

Second official language:
Minimum level of CLB or NCLC 5.

Canadian Experience Class

The skills you need will depend on the group your job is classified in under the National Occupational Classification system (NOC).

NOC skill type or level---- Minimum level for all four language abilities (English)---- Minimum level for all four language abilities (French)
NOC 0 or A
---------------------CLB 7-------------------------------------------------------------------------NCLC 7
NOC B---------------------------CLB 5-------------------------------------------------------------------------NCLC 5

Federal Skilled Trades Program

Language
------Abilities----------------------------Minimum level
English---------
Speaking and listening----------CLB 5
English---------
Reading and writing--------------CLB 4
French----------
Speaking and listening----------NCLC 5
French----------
Reading and writing--------------NCLC 4

stepover

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Actually, I think the difference in minimum CLB level based on NOC Code is only applicable for CEC applicants. Did you apply under FSW or CEC?

See below from IRCC's website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language.asp

Federal Skilled Worker Program

First official language
Language-----------------Minimum level for all four abilities
English--------------------
CLB 7
French---------------------NCLC7

Second official language:
Minimum level of CLB or NCLC 5.

Canadian Experience Class

The skills you need will depend on the group your job is classified in under the National Occupational Classification system (NOC).

NOC skill type or level---- Minimum level for all four language abilities (English)---- Minimum level for all four language abilities (French)
NOC 0 or A
---------------------CLB 7-------------------------------------------------------------------------NCLC 7
NOC B---------------------------CLB 5-------------------------------------------------------------------------NCLC 5

Federal Skilled Trades Program

Language
------Abilities----------------------------Minimum level
English---------
Speaking and listening----------CLB 5
English---------
Reading and writing--------------CLB 4
French----------
Speaking and listening----------NCLC 5
French----------
Reading and writing--------------NCLC 4

Thanks for the clarification. I'm under FSW.

Ravi Tathgur

Sep 4, 2017
Hi
Have you deleted the jobs post ITA.

I am in similar situation.

Got 3 jobs .
1st one for 7 Months- not getting proper letters also company name changed.not included in my profile itself.

2nd one for 5 years - have reference letter as per NOC, appointment, payslips, bank statement, form 16, and Income tax return.

3rd one( current job) : Not finding any matching NOC so in dilemma and thinking of removing this one after ITA.

Can I remove the current job and add it in the personal history?

Note: checked that it is not impacting my CRS score.

Pls Suggest what you did and what's the outcome.

Any
Can you delete work experience Post ITA? for example I want to delete work experiences that are in my EE profile but I thought that they will not matter in my CRS score.

ravdeep91

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
Vancouver
AOR Received.
16-07-2018
Med's Done....
02-08-2018
Passport Req..
21-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-12-2018
LANDED..........
24-01-2019
Yes you can make any change as far as they are not altering your points, that is why cic have left it open for editing! You can do anything till that time. They check these things in Stage IP2 which comes after you have submitted your application... I don't think it'll make a difference, I myself have consulted a consultant regarding the same case and I can assure you that you will not face any problems for this particular issue. Go ahead and make the changes but be sure to link and cover everything properly... if you have covered everything, then process is real smooth!

Ravi Tathgur

Sep 4, 2017
Yes you can make any change as far as they are not altering your points, that is why cic have left it open for editing! You can do anything till that time. They check these things in Stage IP2 which comes after you have submitted your application... I don't think it'll make a difference, I myself have consulted a consultant regarding the same case and I can assure you that you will not face any problems for this particular issue. Go ahead and make the changes but be sure to link and cover everything properly... if you have covered everything, then process is real smooth!
Thanks for the reply.
How should I link and cover everything.please elaborate

What all should I write in LOE and shall I attach any documents.

ravdeep91

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
Vancouver
AOR Received.
16-07-2018
Med's Done....
02-08-2018
Passport Req..
21-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-12-2018
LANDED..........
24-01-2019
by covering up i mean, give proof of everything.... LOE is not required... it doesn't matter... i myself made few changes in the profile and got pr in 19 days... it doesn't matter if your profile is solid

Ravi Tathgur

Sep 4, 2017
by covering up i mean, give proof of everything.... LOE is not required... it doesn't matter... i myself made few changes in the profile and got pr in 19 days... it doesn't matter if your profile is solid

From proof of everything u mean that only proof of job number 2 rght which I am adding in work ex.

The current job which I am showing in my personal history does not need any proof to be shown rght.