Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
Dear forum members. A few days ago I have contacted the NOC team for a piece of advice regarding the NOC codes I had selected for my experience in the express entry. Eventually they suggested different codes, which are probably closer to my experience. Now, I wonder if I revise my NOC codes in the express entry and selct those suggested by the NOC team will that affect my PNP letter of interest? Will I still be eligible to lodge my application or it will mean that I have changed some selection criteria?

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
please share some of your ideas, :-\

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Go ahead and change it, no worries.

I did it too and got nominated under the new NOC.

What ultimately matters is that your reference letters can confirm the new NOC code.

What you put before the NOI is irrelevant. The EE profile is just a guide.

gfaux03

May 10, 2015
Hello all,

My dilemma is, I have been nominated for NSNP and the NOC is 2131 on my letter. This was the code
I selected when i filled the application form in January, because I have a BEng in this occupation and didn't know what I know now.
Afterwards I learnt that people were getting rejected because they select NOC that does not match their experience,
by then it was too late for me to change the NOC code in the application. NOC 2231 match my experience more and I more qualified in this category; although I have done a couple of the duties under NOC 2131. Now, when I make the application to CIC, should I select NOC 2231
that fit my experience more? or stick with NOC 2131, in which I have less experience?

Please help

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
gfaux03 said:
Hello all,

My dilemma is, I have been nominated for NSNP and the NOC is 2131 on my letter. This was the code
I selected when i filled the application form in January, because I have a BEng in this occupation and didn't know what I know now.
Afterwards I learnt that people were getting rejected because they select NOC that does not match their experience,
by then it was too late for me to change the NOC code in the application. NOC 2231 match my experience more and I more qualified in this category; although I have done a couple of the duties under NOC 2131. Now, when I make the application to CIC, should I select NOC 2231
that fit my experience more? or stick with NOC 2131, in which I have less experience?

Please help
If NSNP has determined you have the experience in 2131, then CIC will be likely to agree with them!

Don't worry. Apply to CIC as 2131 because it's what's in your nomination letter.

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
bellaluna said:
Go ahead and change it, no worries.

I did it too and got nominated under the new NOC.

What ultimately matters is that your reference letters can confirm the new NOC code.

What you put before the NOI is irrelevant. The EE profile is just a guide.
Dear bellaluna, thank you for response. Please, kindly clarify, did you also change the code after getting an Interest Letter from Province?
I just suppose one thing, may they say "hey, I considered your old data, that's why I send you an interest letter and offered to apply for my nomination. what the hell have you changed it?" ;D ???

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Yes I already said I did earlier. :) I got NOI as 2174 but applied as 2173.

What matters is what you present in your application.

Reactions: hajihd

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
bellaluna said:

But what you personally think, it be wise to follow NOC team's recommendation, right? I want to be safe for further visa processing.

deeksh255

Feb 5, 2019

Hi @bellaluna
I have a very similar question to this, was wondering if you could help me please?
So, I had NOC 1311 for the experience I claimed under express entry, got NOI based on it
but now they ask to disclose all employment in the application forms, I did a job after the jobs I did which I claimed experience for, for 1 year
which falls under 1431
I am hoping this won't change my primary NOC will it? even though it is not the experience I claimed in my EE profile
I still need to show my new job details right?

hajihd

Oct 31, 2019

Hi, I know this thread was years ago but I got a quite similar problem with NOC. Please help advise, I really appreciate it. I just got NOI from ontario tech draw.

my primary occupation now is 2173, and I want to change it to 0213.

From your reply, I assume that I can make that change. But do I have to send an email to anyone or give a letter of explanation on this change? Or just go ahead and change it before submitting OINP application?
Thanks!

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi, I know this thread was years ago but I got a quite similar problem with NOC. Please help advise, I really appreciate it. I just got NOI from ontario tech draw.

my primary occupation now is 2173, and I want to change it to 0213.

From your reply, I assume that I can make that change. But do I have to send an email to anyone or give a letter of explanation on this change? Or just go ahead and change it before submitting OINP application?
Thanks!
Yes, you can change it.

Reactions: hajihd
Mar 4, 2021
Hi I am also in similar situation. I have applied the express entry application with 2173 noc code. Received the Ontario notification of Interest on Feb 16, 2021. Now I would like to change my noc code to 2174 as I feel it more aligns to my work and experience. Can I change the code while applying for Ontario PNP application and EE application.

Also if I can change, do I have to notify anyone or mention it or send email or letter to anyone?

Request you to please help.

Thanks,

Regards
Kshitij

monu030

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
Hi I am also in similar situation. I have applied the express entry application with 2173 noc code. Received the Ontario notification of Interest on Feb 16, 2021. Now I would like to change my noc code to 2174 as I feel it more aligns to my work and experience. Can I change the code while applying for Ontario PNP application and EE application.

Also if I can change, do I have to notify anyone or mention it or send email or letter to anyone?

Thanks,

Regards
Kshitij
Could you please share your experience what you have done?

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019

Thanks,

Regards
Kshitij
Could you please share your experience what you have done?
Apologies for the delayed response.

Yes, one can change his NOC code with another one as long as that too is within the held draw stream's in-demand list. (confirmed by OINP)

DM for group link !

Last edited: