+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing NOC after ITA

DaTraveller

Jan 10, 2020
Situation: I have received and ITA, my question pertains specifically to my Work Experience.
EE profile has 3 work experiences
1. WX A -> 1yr 11 months
2. WX B -> 1yr 5 months

I have entered same NOC for both the roles (Business Analyst profiles are hard to classify)
Company A is now refusing to provide and employment verification letter with Job Description aligned to the NOC Description. They want it copy-pasted from the offer letter or nothing. This will definitely change my NOC.

Question:
1. Can I change the NOC in both EE profile and PR Application?
2. Can I change the NOC in PR Application only?
3. Do I have to Decline and make changes again?
4. If the NOC is different, will the work experience be counted as 3+ years? (Want to know if it will affect my CRS- The calculator does not give estimate based on NOC)

Other advice on navigating the situation is most welcome. Thank you in advance for the taking the time.

vinothvv

Feb 1, 2020
I am on the same scenario. It’s between federal skilled worker A vs federal skilled worker B. I don’t know whether that actually counts.

ChocoHagela

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
1) Since youve received the ITA you cannot make changes to the EE Profile
2) Change in the PR application and attach an LOE stating why the NOC was changed, since your score wont change because of change in NOC code, this should work
3) Dont decline it
4)SInce your first work ex is more than a year, your total work ex will be >3 years, you should be fine

RACHIT80

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
keep in mind every change you make since you created ee profile is being recorded in GCMS notes and officer can anytime go ahead and look into it. make sure you explain your situation properly.

vinothvv

Feb 1, 2020
Hello Guys !
I have completed my mechanical engineering and worked in a steel manufacturing company.
My first work experience is 4 years and my second work experience is almost 3years.
However I have a big confusion with how I am going to go with my first experience.

Joined the company as a graduate engineer trainee and designated as deputy manager in production. Though my title talks about manufacturing manager, my job role is more related to manufacturing engineer coming after a graduate engineer trainee.

Here I have a confusion between NOC 0911 Manufacturing Manager vs NOC 2141 Industrial and Manufacturing Engineers.

After resignation I did a masters in industrial engineering and now working as an industrial engineer.

However in express entry I declared as 2141 but now I am confused as I am digging to more details.

Any details or informations is appreciated

Thanks !

Regards,
Vinoth

ChocoHagela

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Since your recent work ex is >3 years, show that and show the earlier 4 years in personal history, you can change the noc code in pr form, just provide an loe for it.

vinothvv

Feb 1, 2020
My recent work experience which I have right now is 2 years and 7 months. I have decided to stick with the same NOC 2141 which I declared in express entry. I read lot of forums saying that job roles and responsibilities have to match with the chosen NOC and not necessarily your title. So I think I am good. No change in NOC. I am going to stick to 2141 through out

vinothvv

Feb 1, 2020
How many of you are impacted by COVID in giving their bio metrics as the USCIS ASC Centers are closed?
Though IRCC expanded their time line of 30 days - 90 days, the situations do not look good and do any body have any other suggestions of getting this done ?

Sounak1492

Dec 28, 2019
Per my understanding, the USCIS ASC Centers are not taking in person appointment. I had written to CIC before the 90 day extension (since my BIL had typos in name). They haven't gotten back yet. Hopefully it will blow over in 90 days. 2 options are
1. Write to inform about your specific situation
2. Find other centers that may be taking in person appointments.( There are some non- USCIS centres in the list)

dsthapak

Star Member
Apr 20, 2019
Hey guys..
I m in similar situation..I want to change my noc code post ita..will there be any consequences..

dsthapak

Star Member
Apr 20, 2019
Situation: I have received and ITA, my question pertains specifically to my Work Experience.
EE profile has 3 work experiences
1. WX A -> 1yr 11 months
2. WX B -> 1yr 5 months

I have entered same NOC for both the roles (Business Analyst profiles are hard to classify)
Company A is now refusing to provide and employment verification letter with Job Description aligned to the NOC Description. They want it copy-pasted from the offer letter or nothing. This will definitely change my NOC.

Question:
1. Can I change the NOC in both EE profile and PR Application?
2. Can I change the NOC in PR Application only?
3. Do I have to Decline and make changes again?
4. If the NOC is different, will the work experience be counted as 3+ years? (Want to know if it will affect my CRS- The calculator does not give estimate based on NOC)

Other advice on navigating the situation is most welcome. Thank you in advance for the taking the time.
Did u change ur noc and did u got pr?