+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing NOC after ITA

sk179

Feb 26, 2017
Hi all,
I am part of the draw that took place on 22nd February. While preparing my application - I started going through the details of the NOC code under which i have given my entire experience.
It is over 6 years of experience under NOC 2171 as part of the profile.
While going through the details of it, I realized that while I am a "Business Analyst", my role is more of a software designer (no programming) than "Business Systems Analyst".
As an example, I worked as a Product Analyst to design mobile applications (collecting requirements, creating solution document, wireframes) and then handing over to development team for execution.

1. Would this come under 2173?
2. If yes, can i possibly change the NOC code now as part of application. I have not moved forward on the application yet on CIC portal - so not sure if this is editable. If not editable, then does someone know the alternate?

Else, based on my experience certificates which detail the above, what would i need to do?

sk179

Feb 26, 2017
Hi all,

Can someone help with the above?

Not sure about chances of acceptance if i change my NOC now.

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
sk179 said:
Hi all,

Can someone help with the above?

Not sure about chances of acceptance if i change my NOC now.
Well in non-expert opinion, I don't think you should accept this ITA. If it would be have been remotely related I should have explained in LOE, but it looks NOC is very different. Also, I am not an expert in IT, but just to cite an example, 4163 - BD, Market Researchers, and Consultants, I could change to 0125 which includes Market Research Manager (0125 is just NOC when applicant with 4163 is promoted or have higher number of work experience) but not to 4162 (Economists)

I hope this makes sense

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
sk179 said:
Hi all,
I am part of the draw that took place on 22nd February. While preparing my application - I started going through the details of the NOC code under which i have given my entire experience.
While going through the details of it, I realized that while I am a "Business Analyst", my role is more of a software designer (no programming) than "Business Systems Analyst".
As an example, I worked as a Product Analyst to design mobile applications (collecting requirements, creating solution document, wireframes) and then handing over to development team for execution.

2. If yes, can i possibly change the NOC code now as part of application. I have not moved forward on the application yet on CIC portal - so not sure if this is editable. If not editable, then does someone know the alternate?

Else, based on my experience certificates which detail the above, what would i need to do?
As long as you are not a provincial nominee and you have all the supporting documents to support the new NOC, you can update your NOC in the post ITA forms and explain the same in the LOE.

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
Go along with Stanlee, as I say I am not an Expert

rohitagg00777

Sep 10, 2016
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dont think u can do that buddy.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
sk179 said:
Hi all,

As Stanlee suggested I would go with an LOE... NOC codes really take a lot of time to read and its very understandable that you have found a better one....also some people change it after getting their reference letters from their employers...its better to change it and explain than getting a rejection... I am doing the same thing and changing my NOC by the way... go for it...

sk179

Feb 26, 2017
Thanks all.
I will do the same and let everyone now how it goes - after approximately 6 months i guess ;)

Felix4freeddm

Mar 7, 2017
Hey Stanlee,

Further to this query, I need a suggestion here. I have selected NOC 0125., which is similar to some part of the job I do. However, point 1 of 6552 is exactly the job i do. Unfortunately, the agent then whom I was working under convinced me that this is the perfect NOC code (0125).

I have now received the iTA. Is there a possibility to have this changed to 6552. If yes, what would the process involve. I have been employed with the same firm since the time I had applied for the EE.

Could you also elaborate on the LOE, what would it stand for.

Regards,
Felix

Stanlee said:
As long as you are not a provincial nominee and you have all the supporting documents to support the new NOC, you can update your NOC in the post ITA forms and explain the same in the LOE.

Sounak1492

Dec 28, 2019
Go

Got your PR?
Hi @raindrops, while reviewing NOC changes, I noticed that you have visited all of these forums. Your experience and insights would be very helpful on this.
1. What action did you take? Modified with a LoE OR Declined the ITA and made changes?
2. Did you face any issues with the PR/ faced any issues?

Goodygoody

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi @raindrops, while reviewing NOC changes, I noticed that you have visited all of these forums. Your experience and insights would be very helpful on this.
1. What action did you take? Modified with a LoE OR Declined the ITA and made changes?
2. Did you face any issues with the PR/ faced any issues?
Hi, I also changed my NOC after receiving ITA. All I did was explain in my LOE that I felt this new NOC was a better match and it’s still within the acceptable skill level. I got approved 2 months 3 weeks. Do not decline your invitation.

Reactions: Siddharth-BOM

Sounak1492

Dec 28, 2019
Hi, I also changed my NOC after receiving ITA. All I did was explain in my LOE that I felt this new NOC was a better match and it’s still within the acceptable skill level. I got approved 2 months 3 weeks. Do not decline your invitation.
Thank you for the response @Goodygoody, that is great to hear.

jay_12r

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Hi I am scared, Can you please share your LOE for the same?