+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing my University

RachitMalik

Jul 7, 2017
Hey guys,
I applied for my study permit using my University of Toronto offer on 31st May. I then got an offer for the University of British Columbia on June 13th. Now I want to attend UBC. What is the process of changing my DLI?
There is an option to change it on the online portal only. Should I use that?

Some people are telling me to change it after I enter canada, but I feel that is too risky since I would be entering Vancouver but in their records it shows that I need to go to Toronto.

My application is still in process and I'm afraid if I change it now it will delay my application.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rachit

Perks Daltine

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Change it when you are in canada then you inform the cic online by changing the DLI on you account
Hey guys,
I applied for my study permit using my University of Toronto offer on 31st May. I then got an offer for the University of British Columbia on June 13th. Now I want to attend UBC. What is the process of changing my DLI?

Some people are telling me to change it after I enter canada, but I feel that is too risky since I would be entering Vancouver but in their records it shows that I need to go to Toronto.

My application is still in process and I'm afraid if I change it now it will delay my application.

Thanks
Rachit

pradeepadm2017

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-08-2020
Hey guys,

Thanks
Rachit
Hi... Please let me know if you changed DLI in VISA application prior to aproval... I am in similar situation right now. Your experience would help me a lot in deciding. Thanks...

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
Hi... Please let me know if you changed DLI in VISA application prior to aproval... I am in similar situation right now. Your experience would help me a lot in deciding. Thanks...
Don't change it prior as it will only delay the visa application. Do it once you reach Canada and you can do it online in your account. There are some conditions on who and who cannot change the DLI online.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=487&top=15

Good luck.!

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hey guys,

Thanks
Rachit
Best thing to do is to change after you land. This is very common that students change universities after getting the visa.

pradeepadm2017

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-08-2020
Hi guys. I changed DLI while my Visa processing was in progress. I got approval after 10 days. But I am not sure for which institute my permit is approved. I do not find institute name on the letter of correspondence or visa. How to know for which institute study permit was approved ?

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Which college's LOA did you submit with your application. It will only be approved for the LOA that you had submitted.