+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing my passport!!!

Nidaa

Nov 28, 2011
Dear Sir,

I am a saudi student who live in ottawa, i have asked my embassy to issue a new passport for me due to the lost passport by canada post , when my new passport arrive the old one arrived too but when i went to the saudi embassy to get the new one they stamped the old one as canceled though i have a valid visa and study permit that they are valid till the med. of september in my old passport. The study permit have the old passport number in it, do i have to get a new study permit and visa or i just have to attached the old passport to the new one because am planing to go back to saudi arabia after 2 months and return back month after that and am afraid to face any problem in the immigration office at the airport?

Kindly advise me
Thanks
Nidaa

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nidaa said:
Dear Sir,

I am a saudi student who live in ottawa, i have asked my embassy to issue a new passport for me due to the lost passport by canada post , when my new passport arrive the old one arrived too but when i went to the saudi embassy to get the new one they stamped the old one as canceled though i have a valid visa and study permit that they are valid till the med. of september in my old passport. The study permit have the old passport number in it, do i have to get a new study permit and visa or i just have to attached the old passport to the new one because am planing to go back to saudi arabia after 2 months and return back month after that and am afraid to face any problem in the immigration office at the airport?

Kindly advise me
Thanks
Nidaa
Salam alaikum Nidaa. You can attach the old passport together with your new passport until the current study permit and visa expire. For the next visa use the new passport number. Meanwhile, if you are not confident please visit the nearest CIC office of your current residence or call the CIC call center:

Call Centre telephone number: 1-888-242‑2100

Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to prerecorded information about CIC programs, and check the status of your application.
Call Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays.
You must choose one of the first five recorded options before you can speak to an agent.

Nidaa

Nov 28, 2011
Nidaa said:
Dear Sir,

Kindly advise me
Thanks
Nidaa
Wa alikom al salam wilson , thank you very much i really appreciate you reply and your help
thank you again
Nidaa

canada248

Jul 20, 2013
would u tell me what u figured out about that plzz
am in the same situation and i need to know urgently thanks!