+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing martial status

Deepcheema07

Sep 6, 2017
Hello,hope anyone can help me in this..actually i came to canada on work permit from india..my agent has put my status as married and put a name of girl I don’t even know her..cuz he haven’t showed me the application form but after gettin the visa we landed here in canada..one of my friend want to marry now but immigration is saying your are already married but even he was not so i withdraw my application thru online and i saw he put my status as married which i am not can anyone help how i can change that to single..if i go to immigration they not gonna believe me cuz he did my signature on the application but he haven’t put marriage certificate just the name in family details and my status can i change that now and how

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Maybe clarify first what you mean that you have withdrawn your application , your application for what given you already landed ? Seems your agent has acted dishonestly for whatever reason and basically misrepresented your status so not sure how you get out of that and will have to defer an answer to someone with more knowledge. You may even need to consult an immigration lawyer and even somehow find out what the agents intentions were in adding a stranger to an application whether there is some scam going on to get someone in off the back of genuine applications. Just speculation on my part.