+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing mail adress for Initial PR card

hoorain99

Jun 14, 2018
hello friends
How are you?
I need your guidance guys.
Actually I got my PR. I’m principal applicant under the category of FC1, so I have to land in Canada soon . My question is at airport immigration officer will confirm my mail adress for sending me my initial PR card. So can I give him another mailing adress which is other then that adress which is mentioned on my COPR.
Can this put my PR card status in trouble. Or can it arise many questions in immigration officer mind?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
your PR card will be mailed to the address you provide.....if you provide a new mailing address in Canada, you could explain to the officer that your sponsor recently changed address hence you are providing a new and different address........if you are so worried and apprehensive, you may provide the old address and 3 days after landing as PR you contact IRCC that you want to change your mailing address.

Reactions: hoorain99

hoorain99

Jun 14, 2018
Umm thank you. Now I’m feeling little light. Actually I want to give mailing adress of my aunt. She lives in Toronto and my destination on COPR is British Columbia . So I was little panic, will it go smoothly if I tell immigration officer about my aunt’s adress for PR.

hoorain99

Jun 14, 2018
Actually my husband was threatening me about my PR card( that’s another story). That’s why I want to give an other mailing adress for my initial PR card. Can anyone tell me properly what should I do? How can I handle this?

hoorain99

Jun 14, 2018
Can these things put me in trouble, or can create doubts in immigration officer’s mind. Please help me, i’m Confused. I need your guidance friends. If I tell them other address for initial PR card. Can immigration officers confirm it online or from my husband. I don’t want make any mistake at the time of landing. Your guidance will help me out.

Alex54321

Jul 28, 2017
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
your PR card will be mailed to the address you provide.....if you provide a new mailing address in Canada, you could explain to the officer that your sponsor recently changed address hence you are providing a new and different address........if you are so worried and apprehensive, you may provide the old address and 3 days after landing as PR you contact IRCC that you want to change your mailing address.
Very interesting : "your PR card will be mailed to the address you provide.." - That's what we did during landing back in August 2018. We provided Canadian address for the initial PR card. In October 2018 I've got confirmation that they have our application for PR card. I've checked processing time - it's 47 days, so I've sent request for update of PR card processing on October 18th and today, October 25th got an email asking to use the online tool to update our address to Canadian address.

The form showed our US address (the country which we applied from) and looks like they do not have Canadian address which we gave during landing. So, let see what happens now after I've submitted Address Change Form online.

Duneac

Jul 9, 2017
Very interesting : "your PR card will be mailed to the address you provide.." - That's what we did during landing back in August 2018. We provided Canadian address for the initial PR card. In October 2018 I've got confirmation that they have our application for PR card. I've checked processing time - it's 47 days, so I've sent request for update of PR card processing on October 18th and today, October 25th got an email asking to use the online tool to update our address to Canadian address.

The form showed our US address (the country which we applied from) and looks like they do not have Canadian address which we gave during landing. So, let see what happens now after I've submitted Address Change Form online.
How did you update the new address? did you use IRCC Web form to update the address? I'm also facing similar kind of problem. When I landed In Halifax, I gave my friends address in Toronto and thought it was updated in the system. I landed on Sep 13th 2018 and crossed the normal processing time. so I sent an enquiry couple of days back and to my surprise my address was not updated in the system.

Alex54321

Jul 28, 2017
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
How did you update the new address? did you use IRCC Web form to update the address? I'm also facing similar kind of problem. When I landed In Halifax, I gave my friends address in Toronto and thought it was updated in the system. I landed on Sep 13th 2018 and crossed the normal processing time. so I sent an enquiry couple of days back and to my surprise my address was not updated in the system.
Yes, there they have specific link to update the address -
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/change-address.html
(which will drive you to https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=coa&lang=en )
For us the updated address showed up after a few days.

Here is update for my spouse PR CARD application. The landing date is August 18, 2018. Yesterday, on Sunday, Nov 19th, 2018, I've decided again ( after many attempts previously) to try to link HER application to MY (Sponsor's) account; entered data the same way as many times before and finally was able to do it.
Now I see two linked applications - for Permanent Resident and for PR Card. I was able to click on Application Status and the system showed that Document (Permanent Resident Card) was issued with expiration date 2023/11/07, so I assume that after they received updated address they started processing an application and did it on or around November 7, 2018. The Status update date was November 13, 2018.

So, now I feel that we will get actual card in mail "soon"...

Duneac

Jul 9, 2017
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/change-address.html
(which will drive you to https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=coa&lang=en )

Here is update for my spouse PR CARD application. The landing date is August 18, 2018. Yesterday, on Sunday, Nov 19th, 2018, I've decided again ( after many attempts previously) to try to link HER application to MY (Sponsor's) account; entered data the same way as many times before and finally was able to do it.
Now I see two linked applications - for Permanent Resident and for PR Card. I was able to click on Application Status and the system showed that Document (Permanent Resident Card) was issued with expiration date 2023/11/07, so I assume that after they received updated address they started processing an application and did it on or around November 7, 2018. The Status update date was November 13, 2018.

Thank you for your prompt response. However, the online tool gives me an error ' application not found' although I was able to successfully link my PR card application to my CIC account. Hence, I was wondering if you could provide details on what option under ' Identification Type' did you use while updating the address?

Appreciate your help and all the best for your PR card!

Alex54321

Jul 28, 2017
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Thank you for your prompt response. However, the online tool gives me an error ' application not found' although I was able to successfully link my PR card application to my CIC account. Hence, I was wondering if you could provide details on what option under ' Identification Type' did you use while updating the address?

Appreciate your help and all the best for your PR card!
Well,
I've selected UCI number option and entered her number, upper case Last name, DOB, Place of Birth, date of landing and again place of birth.

Alex54321

Jul 28, 2017
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017

Got my spouse's PR card in mail today, Nov 21, 2018 along with OHIP card as well.