Changing jobs while app in process

wsmolind

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello!

I've applied as a Federal Skilled Worker, no LMIA. Accompanying spouse. My application is currently in Process, with Medicals passed and background check documents provided. My timeline is in my signature, but from what I've seen with other applications, I'm expecting a DM (good or bad) pretty soon (month or so?).

I'm might be changing jobs in the next couple of weeks, provided the job offer from the new company arrives, and I'm wondering if this can be done while my PR is in process.

I have over two years of experience on my current job, for which I was invited under FSW to appy for Express Entry. The new position would be higher up, better pay but within the same field (Graphic Design, I applied as a Graphics Technician for PR). I submitted all of the paperwork with my current job, including the standard employment letter stating this is a permanent position, etc. etc.

How would I go about changing jobs? Is this even advisable? If so, do I need to ask my possible future employer for an employment letter following the same format as my old one, and should I submit this as an ECAS on my current application?

Thank you!

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
wsmolind said:
Hello!

I've applied as a Federal Skilled Worker, no LMIA. Accompanying spouse. My application is currently in Process, with Medicals passed and background check documents provided. My timeline is in my signature, but from what I've seen with other applications, I'm expecting a DM (good or bad) pretty soon (month or so?).

I'm might be changing jobs in the next couple of weeks, provided the job offer from the new company arrives, and I'm wondering if this can be done while my PR is in process.

I have over two years of experience on my current job, for which I was invited under FSW to appy for Express Entry. The new position would be higher up, better pay but within the same field (Graphic Design, I applied as a Graphics Technician for PR). I submitted all of the paperwork with my current job, including the standard employment letter stating this is a permanent position, etc. etc.

How would I go about changing jobs? Is this even advisable? If so, do I need to ask my possible future employer for an employment letter following the same format as my old one, and should I submit this as an ECAS on my current application?

Thank you!
Shouldn't be a problem in my opinion.

Change in circumstance declared after an e-APR has been submitted
To assess an application under section A11.2, a processing office must consider the information in an applicant’s profile at the time of the round of invitations and the information provided when the applicant submits their e-APR. After an e-APR is submitted, an application cannot be refused due to a change in circumstance unless

the officer determines that the change occurred before the applicant submitted their e-APR and that the change would have caused the applicant to be refused under section A11.2: therefore, the application should be refused under section A11.2; or
the change in circumstance means the applicant no longer meets the minimum requirements of the program to which they are applying; therefore, the application may still meet the requirements of section A11.2 but can be refused for failing to meet program requirements.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

With that said, you should still report the changes in your circumstances and report the job change to CIC via a CSE. I could not find this as a compulsion on any pages but still seems to be the right thing to do.

All the best

wsmolind

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Joel,

Thank you so much for the answer and for the info. I will most definitely submit the change, if and when it happens, through a CSE. I'm a lot more at ease now with pursuing this opportunity further.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Pauceci

Oct 15, 2018
Hi wsmolind ,
I’m in the exactly situation.
What did it happen ?
I’m applying for the express entry these days but w my actual job offer from my workplace. But I will move to a new job probably within 2 -3 weeks . So can I change my job offer then when I receive the invitation for my PR ? Please, I would appreciate to know ur experience.
Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi wsmolind ,
I’m in the exactly situation.
What did it happen ?
I’m applying for the express entry these days but w my actual job offer from my workplace. But I will move to a new job probably within 2 -3 weeks . So can I change my job offer then when I receive the invitation for my PR ? Please, I would appreciate to know ur experience.
Thanks
You're not in the exact same situation, you have not submitted your e-APR nor have you received an ITA. Whether you can change to a new job or not depends on whether you'd be claiming points for having "arranged employment" (50 points).