+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing job while in pnp process.

redgg

Aug 30, 2007
Hello

This is my first time on this forum so i hope i am posting on the right place.

I am currently working under a 1 year visa in BC and applied to a PNP with this employer.

My question here is that i gotr some proposal for other oportunities and would like to know what would be the impact i i change of employer once my PNP request is approved ?

Do i have to stay with the same employer until i get my final permanent residant status ?

Thanks for your help.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

redgg said:
Hello

This is my first time on this forum so i hope i am posting on the right place.

I am currently working under a 1 year visa in BC and applied to a PNP with this employer.

My question here is that i gotr some proposal for other oportunities and would like to know what would be the impact i i change of employer once my PNP request is approved ?

Do i have to stay with the same employer until i get my final permanent residant status ?

Thanks for your help.
Yes, or most likely the employer will cancel the sponsorship of the PNP certificate.

PMM

pokie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-July-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
09-Sept-2015. "In process" 10-Sept-2015. Accra started processing Sept 23,2015. Medicals results received Oct 14,2015.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
June-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 21, 2016, didnt see the email until May 31,201. Passport sent to VO June 2, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 6, 2016
LANDED..........
June 16,2016
I would strongly advice you suck it up at your current job as that's what im doing. Im jut waiting for that thing called PR to get the hell out of my current job. A friend whose application was at the last stage of processing changed job and his previous employer called AINP, his PR processing was automatically cancelled and now he is starting all over with his new employer.

Another friend, his work permit expired and he applied, but was refused because he didn't have complete application. As his work-permit was refused and expired at the same time, he got a letter from Revenue Canada or CIC to stop working. He stopped and was jobless. All these time, his application for AINP was in progress and still is. He finally did restoration and got work-permit but could not go back to the company that applied for AINP for him. He currently work for a diff company and the good thing is that his previous employer has not called AINP to report that he is no longer with them. In a nut shell, it all depend on if your employer would report that you no longer with them. I don't trust my company, so I will suck it up and wait hesitantly:(