+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing Job Offer existence question from Yes to No after ITA

sjin9204

May 20, 2020
Hi,

I got ITA for CEC after working 2 years at this company since the graduation of university.
I've been working full-time with a permanent employee and I hold a PGWP.

I realized that I answered to Yes to the question in my profile:

Does John Doe have a job offer in Canada?
The offer must:
  • be for full-time and for at least one year
  • meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
  • be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.

which was the case back in early 2017 when I got hired to this company.
Since this job offer was not supported by LMIA, I didn't get the additional CRS points, which is okay as I did not lie.

Now for ITA profile, if I am still working for the same company, can I change the answer to No or should I just use the offer of employment doc that I signed back in 2017?

Basically I think I have two options here:
1. Use the offer of employment provided back in 2017
2. Change the answer to No and write in LoE saying that it was a mistake. I believe this option is also fine as I did not get any additional CRS for job offer.

Ngard

Jan 12, 2022
Hi,

I got ITA for CEC after working 2 years at this company since the graduation of university.
I've been working full-time with a permanent employee and I hold a PGWP.

I realized that I answered to Yes to the question in my profile:

Does John Doe have a job offer in Canada?
The offer must:
  • be for full-time and for at least one year
  • meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
  • be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.

which was the case back in early 2017 when I got hired to this company.
Since this job offer was not supported by LMIA, I didn't get the additional CRS points, which is okay as I did not lie.

Now for ITA profile, if I am still working for the same company, can I change the answer to No or should I just use the offer of employment doc that I signed back in 2017?

Basically I think I have two options here:
1. Use the offer of employment provided back in 2017
2. Change the answer to No and write in LoE saying that it was a mistake. I believe this option is also fine as I did not get any additional CRS for job offer.
Any updates? Thanks

Ngard

Jan 12, 2022
The post is from 2 years ago. What is your question? You can’t add 50 points unless you have an approved LMIA.
No, I’m aware about that but I just realized that I said yes to the job offer question but no to the LMIA one as I didn’t have any nor were any points awarded for the same, only for my 1 year experience.
My AOR is April 24, 2021 and wanted to see how things panned out for the person. (NS PNP-EE applicant)
I had to upload an offer letter, letter of employment and for employment proof I added t4 / tax slips.
Thanks @Naturgrl