+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing job after PNP PR Application

yengyeng

Jul 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb/March 2017
What risk is involved in changing jobs after permanent resident application? I was nominated under a student stream. Still waiting to receive my AOR

yengyeng

Jul 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb/March 2017
Anyone with a similar situation?

Islanders

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
yengyeng said:
Anyone with a similar situation?
Even though you have open work permit, some province employer might report it to the office immigration in your province that you left the employment which support you for the PNP. If they report you, there is a chance your nomination get cancelled and so does your PR application.

For example; I have friend here, with PGWP which is open, have a fulltime job and apply for PNP. The office immigration send an email to her employer, to confirm if candidate leave the employer after get the nomination certificate must be report it then they will cancel the nomination.

I am sure some province have each rules, so you better be careful

Good Luck

yengyeng

Jul 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb/March 2017
Islanders said:
thanks for your advise Islanders

Even though you have open work permit, some province employer might report it to the office immigration in your province that you left the employment which support you for the PNP. If they report you, there is a chance your nomination get cancelled and so does your PR application.

For example; I have friend here, with PGWP which is open, have a fulltime job and apply for PNP. The office immigration send an email to her employer, to confirm if candidate leave the employer after get the nomination certificate must be report it then they will cancel the nomination.

Good Luck

melanie111

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/01/2015
AOR Received.
25/04/2015
Med's Request
28/05/2015
Med's Done....
16/06/2015
Islanders said:

Good Luck
What if the person got laid off and found another job with different NOC?

AlbertaEfron

Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2016
Nomination.....
Nov 2015
AOR Received.
March 2016
Med's Request
January 07 2017
Med's Done....
January 10 2017
You can change jobs if you have an open WP i.e if you were eligible to apply without the support of an employer and if your new job is not on the ineligible list of occupations ,

you cannot change jobs if you applied under Employer driven stream as your Nomination is based on the fact that your employer has supported you.

If you are laid off and you were nominated through that employer you can change jobs but you must have a genuine reason why you were laid of.

I am replying based on my experience with AINP.

melanie111

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/01/2015
AOR Received.
25/04/2015
Med's Request
28/05/2015
Med's Done....
16/06/2015
AlbertaEfron said:
You can change jobs if you have an open WP i.e if you were eligible to apply without the support of an employer and if your new job is not on the ineligible list of occupations ,

you cannot change jobs if you applied under Employer driven stream as your Nomination is based on the fact that your employer has supported you.

If you are laid off and you were nominated through that employer you can change jobs but you must have a genuine reason why you were laid of.

Your answer is so completed and great!

bmm651

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
AlbertaEfron said:

my pr file under procidure and i changed job i dont hv employer restriction
can i change the job?
do i need to inform CIC?
MY X EMPLOYER DOESNT KNOW THAT HE NEEDS TO NOTIGY TO IMMIGRATION SO HE WILL NEVER NOTIFY... GUIDE ME