+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing institution. need authentic information

aboody999

Dec 7, 2015
Hey guys,
Currently I'm studying in Lakehead University. I wanted to move to Durham College Oshawa. But the problem is that I got to know from an International student that I can't give gaps between semesters as an International student. Since my program in Durham College is starting in September 2016, can I withdraw from the university now and change my institution on CIC from Lakehead to Durham and stay in Canada legally for the next 9 months without studying?

ultraspidey

Dec 4, 2015
aboody999 said:
Hey guys,
Currently I'm studying in Lakehead University. I wanted to move to Durham College Oshawa. But the problem is that I got to know from an International student that I can't give gaps between semesters as an International student. Since my program in Durham College is starting in September 2016, can I withdraw from the university now and change my institution on CIC from Lakehead to Durham and stay in Canada legally for the next 9 months without studying?
That's really hard. You have to be a fulltime student during your stay and you can be at risk of deportation if you are not studying. If you dont mind me asking, what's the reason why you want to change institution

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

aboody999 said:
Hey guys,

Your choice. It will only impact your PGWP or study permit/TRV renewal.

aboody999

Dec 7, 2015
Hey guys,
Even if I change the institution on CIC website, would it still be a problem for me?. And the reason is financial.. University is kind of expensive and I had get an admission in University for more visa chances since visas for colleges get rejected usually if you're applying from Pakistan.

ultraspidey

Dec 4, 2015
aboody999 said:
Hey guys,
Even if I change the institution on CIC website, would it still be a problem for me?. And the reason is financial.. University is kind of expensive and I had get an admission in University for more visa chances since visas for colleges get rejected usually if you're applying from Pakistan.
You should have transferred institution before landing Canada. I guess it would be better to take and finish all subjects for the semester then transfer next semester did you start last Sept. 2015?

You know what I am on the same situation. But the good thing was that the school rep who came in our country advised me to take post grad course for visa purposes but change program after having the visa.

re3dv

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2016
IELTS Request
25-02-2016
File Transfer...
26-02-2016
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
31-03-2016
Interview........
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2016
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
U have heard rite i.e. there cannot be any gaps between ur semesters otherwise in that time period where ur not enrolled in any institution as a full time student u will breach ur study permit conditions and will be considered an illegal in canada. Later on u will have to face consequences of this wen u apply for PGWP or new study permit.
It was better to change institutions before joining the university.
Now all u can do is either apply to college for an earlier semester or keep urself enrolled in the university until september 2016 and pay the fees.