+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing Institute in Canada (Urgent)

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
Hi guys,

I am changing my institute from one DLI to another as well as my program (on the same level) from Business to Computers as I am dissatisfied with my current instituition and program. However, on my study permit, it says "Business/Commerce" alongside field of study. Is it a condition, and will it cause any issues with PGWP later? And yes, I will change the DLI number on CIC website. Anyone with experience, do reply.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,

I am changing my institute from one DLI to another as well as my program (on the same level) from Business to Computers as I am dissatisfied with my current instituition and program. However, on my study permit, it says "Business/Commerce" alongside field of study. Is it a condition, and will it cause any issues with PGWP later? And yes, I will change the DLI number on CIC website. Anyone with experience, do reply.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/change-schools/account.html

make sure your school and program qualify for PGWP. Not all DLIs do. No effect on PGWP as long as you remain a full-time student.

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/change-schools/account.html

make sure your school and program qualify for PGWP. Not all DLIs do. No effect on PGWP as long as you remain a full-time student.
Yes, it does quality for PGWP. I wanted to go for September intake instead of May as I would have had more options available but unfortunately, you can't remain in Canada without being enrolled for more than 90 days.

Thanks for your response.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, it does quality for PGWP. I wanted to go for September intake instead of May as I would have had more options available but unfortunately, you can't remain in Canada without being enrolled for more than 90 days.

Thanks for your response.
Yes you can. If you have your new admission letter and change of school online you will be fine for September.

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
You won’t be able to work though.
Oh, yes it does say 150 days. That's great news.

Well, yes not until the program starts. Jobs aren't available these days anyway but programs are available in abundance for September intake and most of them have Co-op options too. You really made my day, man.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Oh, yes it does say 150 days. That's great news.

Well, yes not until the program starts. Jobs aren't available these days anyway but programs are available in abundance for September intake and most of them have Co-op options too. You really made my day, man.
First rule of Canada. Can’t assume you are talking to a man :)