+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing from outland to inland processing

Krish121089

Aug 20, 2019
Ya, they can do their medical and biometrics in Canada. Also they can send the passport to Ottawa for stamping. But if there is an interview required in your case. Then it will be at the VO where the outland file is being processed.

alvero

Star Member
Jan 29, 2018
Ya, they can do their medical and biometrics in Canada. Also they can send the passport to Ottawa for stamping. But if there is an interview required in your case. Then it will be at the VO where the outland file is being processed.
Just curious: Did you personally have experience with this or just passing on info? Because I might have a couple more specific questions.

Also about the second part of your post: Do you mean they have to do the interview at that visa office or they have to send their documents to that visa office? Because I dont think IRCC expects applicants to fly to another country (which they probably need another visa for) to do an interview

Krish121089

Aug 20, 2019
Just curious: Did you personally have experience with this or just passing on info? Because I might have a couple more specific questions.

Also about the second part of your post: Do you mean they have to do the interview at that visa office or they have to send their documents to that visa office? Because I dont think IRCC expects applicants to fly to another country (which they probably need another visa for) to do an interview
I am an outland applicant. I did my medical in Canada. I did my biometrics outside of Canada on November 4 since biometric centres opened In Canada only on December 3rd. Best example for interview at VO. Pakistan's file has been processed in London UK. So they might have to atten the interview in London or have to wait for the VO visit to Pakistan.

Divyak1234

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Someone please share ur thoughts on my issue.
I have a valid Canada work permit till Nov and AOR Feb 12th. I m currently in US and my dependants are in India, they don't have valid visa for Canada.

Since US embassy is closed, they are not able to travel to US.

If I travel to Canada now in my work permit, is there a chance for me and my dependants to get PR sooner and they can travel?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Someone please share ur thoughts on my issue.
I have a valid Canada work permit till Nov and AOR Feb 12th. I m currently in US and my dependants are in India, they don't have valid visa for Canada.

Since US embassy is closed, they are not able to travel to US.

If I travel to Canada now in my work permit, is there a chance for me and my dependants to get PR sooner and they can travel?
It's not very clear what you are asking.

It looks like you have applied for PR through a skilled worker program. If so, then coming to Canada will not speed up the processing of your application.

If you have further questions, you need to post them in the Express Entry section of the forum rather than here.

Divyak1234

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
It's not very clear what you are asking.

It looks like you have applied for PR through a skilled worker program. If so, then coming to Canada will not speed up the processing of your application.

If you have further questions, you need to post them in the Express Entry section of the forum rather than here.
Yes, I have applied pr under FSW-outland. Right now IRCC has already started giving COPR for people who applied in Feb and are inside Canada
(Even for people who were outland applicant and went to Canada in temporary visas).
So going to Canada will not speed up the process ? But my dependants will still be outland.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, I have applied pr under FSW-outland. Right now IRCC has already started giving COPR for people who applied in Feb and are inside Canada
(Even for people who were outland applicant and went to Canada in temporary visas).
So going to Canada will not speed up the process ? But my dependants will still be outland.
You're posting in the wrong section of the forum. You need to post your question in the Express Entry section.

Reactions: patnikrishna