+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing from Outland to inland application

Sep 13, 2021
Hi is there anyone who can help me clarify my doubt. I am sponsoring my wife, and our papers are in NDVO currently. My wife has finished with her biometric and medical. If she comes to Canada on a visit visa can we change the application from Outland to inland.
I am seeing a lot of mixed answers over the internet.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi is there anyone who can help me clarify my doubt. I am sponsoring my wife, and our papers are in NDVO currently. My wife has finished with her biometric and medical. If she comes to Canada on a visit visa can we change the application from Outland to inland.
I am seeing a lot of mixed answers over the internet.
You cannot change an outland application to inland.

If you want to switch from an outland application to an inland application, you need to withdraw the outland application and then submit a brand new inland application. If you do this, processing times will start again from scratch.

MR0612

Jan 27, 2020
You cannot change an outland application to inland.

If you want to switch from an outland application to an inland application, you need to withdraw the outland application and then submit a brand new inland application. If you do this, processing times will start again from scratch.
If I keep my outland application running while living with my spouse in Canada what happens when I receive my PPR? Will they transfer it to Canada or will I need to go back to my home country for stamping? Thanks

Reactions: arjunmahadevan
Sep 13, 2021
Thanks Scylla. One more question. While she is in Canada on a visit and if her passport is asked for stamping for her spousal sponsorship visa. Can we send the passport from Canada and request it to sent back to Canada.