+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing from Inbound to Outbound

gregmerfy

Oct 18, 2018
I just received my application back due to incomplete info on my sponsor's income. I'm resubmitting but want to change from inbound to outbound. Looking for advice on how to do this. Hoping it's just a matter of switching one form for another and not completing an entirely different application.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I just received my application back due to incomplete info on my sponsor's income. I'm resubmitting but want to change from inbound to outbound. Looking for advice on how to do this. Hoping it's just a matter of switching one form for another and not completing an entirely different application.
It's on the checklist, there are 3 different boxes you can tick. One is for inland, one is for outland outside Canada, one is for outland inside Canada. If you remain inside Canada on an outland application you have to maintain valid status (like a visitor) during the process.

gregmerfy

Oct 18, 2018
It's on the checklist, there are 3 different boxes you can tick. One is for inland, one is for outland outside Canada, one is for outland inside Canada. If you remain inside Canada on an outland application you have to maintain valid status (like a visitor) during the process.
thanks for the response. Just want to make sure I understanding this correctly. I only need to change two things on my application:

1. Check the box, "I am currently living outside Canada, and I am applying under the family class."
2. Mail application to Sydney, Nova Scotia instead of Mississauga, Ontario.

Seems to me I would need to include my home address in the USA somewhere in the application.

gregmerfy

Oct 18, 2018
It also appears that by applying as an outbound applicant I am no longer eligible for a temporary open-work permit in four months.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
It also appears that by applying as an outbound applicant I am no longer eligible for a temporary open-work permit in four months.
No, of course not. The OWP is only for an inland application. I thought you mentioned something about not using your savings for another 4 months or something - switching to outland isn't going to solve that, you'll have to live off savings even longer since you can't work.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
thanks for the response. Just want to make sure I understanding this correctly. I only need to change two things on my application:

1. Check the box, "I am currently living outside Canada, and I am applying under the family class."
2. Mail application to Sydney, Nova Scotia instead of Mississauga, Ontario.

Seems to me I would need to include my home address in the USA somewhere in the application.
You don't need to include your American address.