+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing from IEC to study visa - How to??

Blackley

Jan 24, 2015
Hi all,

I have searched the forum but can't seem to find my situation amongst the posts, any help is appreciated.

I am currently on a NZ IEC working holiday visa (my 1 year is up in November) , I have dual citizenship so I have applied for and received another IEC through my Irish visa (in November I will leave Canada and activate my Irish IEC)

I want to study next year so I need to change to a study visa. My second IEC gives me time to stay in Canada and organise myself for the next year but I will need to be on a study visa by the time my program starts in 2016.

Is it relatively easy to change visas? I am not sure whether I need to indicate that I am currently on IEC or if I just apply for a study visa online and if I receive it then I just forgo the rest of my IEC

Any help is appreciated, I am just not sure where to start with this one, can you usually get help at a Service Canada office?

Thank you

ailsaclare

Star Member
Oct 27, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
Med's Request
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
27-02-2016 Med's Recv'd: 12-03-2016 RPRF Upfront: 03-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2016
LANDED..........
27-03-2016
Hi, I did this last year after having spent 2 years in Canada through IEC (I'm British). It was very easy to do - all you need to do is complete an application to change your conditions to that of a student (it's saying i can't post links but google Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Student and you should get where you need to)

You'll need to provide the normal kind of proofs that you will be studying in canada (letter of acceptance, proof of funds, etc) but the process is relatively straightforward. They ask in the application what your current status is and for a copy of your current visa/ permit, so just be sure to be accurate in your application form and you should be fine.

Blackley

Jan 24, 2015
Hey thanks so much for the reply, that seems very straight forward and easy!

Thank you I am getting on to my application for school now so hopefully will be straight forward after getting accepted.

Thanks again :)