+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing DLIs

Zarraf003

Jul 4, 2022
Last year, I applied for study permit and it got approved. This year, however, I changed DLIs after completing 2 semesters at my pervious DLI. I am currently at my home country which is not Canada. I informed IRCC about my transfer to a different DLI. Do I need to re-apply for a new study permit?

DB2101

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-5-2016
Med's Done....
24-03-2016 Upfront
Last year, I applied for study permit and it got approved. This year, however, I changed DLIs after completing 2 semesters at my pervious DLI. I am currently at my home country which is not Canada. I informed IRCC about my transfer to a different DLI. Do I need to re-apply for a new study permit?
You need to inform Immigration Canada, but as long as you are at an approved DLI you are ok on your study permit. I do advise making sure that the program you are in is eligible for PGWP if that's the path you want to go after graduation, not all programs are eligible. Also, make sure you adhere to full-time studies, and to the rules set out in your work permit, and don't be absent from Canada for more than 150 days, and only with the ok of your DLI.