+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing DLI

Omidox392

Dec 2, 2021
Hello
I have a question, i have been asked to send original passport as a decision has been made on my application but meanwhile i want to change the DLI
So can I change the DLI in this situation before i get a visa?
Or what should i do
If I can change, should i use transfer DLI or IRCC webform

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello
I have a question, i have been asked to send original passport as a decision has been made on my application but meanwhile i want to change the DLI
Or what should i do
Read rules for changing DLI. At this point you can not change your DLI against decision made. If you want to change and you are outside of Canada, you need to apply new Study Permit

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello
Or what should i do
you "can" change your DLI. But not the DLI on the already completed study permit application.

You need a new study permit application with the new DLI. You cannot "change" or "transfer" unless you have already been studying at that DLI for a while.
New rules

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I think the mods need to consider making a STICKY post for this. This question surfaces daily on this thread, for the past year.

Omidox392

Dec 2, 2021
The problem is that whenever i want to transfer the DLI from my application page
It gives a declineed message that i cant transfer because not approved yet, meanwhile they said if it is approved you have to apply for a new study permit
It sounds a bit complicated for me

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
The problem is that whenever i want to transfer the DLI from my application page
It gives a declineed message that i cant transfer because not approved yet, meanwhile they said if it is approved you have to apply for a new study permit
It sounds a bit complicated for me
Your application (though approved) is not marked as approved until your counterfoil generated and your passport has been stamped. As have been explained to you before, since your application have been processed, the only way to change your DLI right now is to :

1. Apply for a new study permit;
  2. Study at your currently approved DLI for at least a semester, then transfer.

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123 and Naturgrl

Modromodro

Sep 16, 2021
Read rules for changing DLI. At this point you can not change your DLI against decision made. If you want to change and you are outside of Canada, you need to apply new Study Permit
Hello there, I am in canada and have changed but have not gotten a response from IRCC and it’s been 2 weeks and my new DLI starts on thursday. Do i just go to the new DLI?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hello there, I am in canada and have changed but have not gotten a response from IRCC and it’s been 2 weeks and my new DLI starts on thursday. Do i just go to the new DLI?
Response for what? If you changed your DLI in your GCKey, you are not going to get any feedback/response from IRCC for that.
As long as you complied with the policy (i.e. changed DLI while in Canada and actively studying at another DLI), you should be fine.

Modromodro

Sep 16, 2021
Response for what? If you changed your DLI in your GCKey, you are not going to get any feedback/response from IRCC for that.
As long as you complied with the policy (i.e. changed DLI while in Canada and actively studying at another DLI), you should be fine.
ohh okay thank you. i changed to a dli in quebec. should i send my CAQ through web form?

Skilashi

May 29, 2022
Hi everyone,

i want to change my DLI, from Conestoga community college to Nova scotia community college and apply for a new co-op permit after spending a week at Conestoga college.

is there any issues with this

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

i want to change my DLI, from Conestoga community college to Nova scotia community college and apply for a new co-op permit after spending a week at Conestoga college.

is there any issues with this
Yes. You need to be actively studying at Conestoga first to change to NSCC. So attend for a semester and then change.

Reactions: YVR123