+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing DLI , Reapply study permit?

Nsekanabo

Dec 24, 2018
Hi guys, my situation is a bit complicated but please hear me out. In 2021 I applied for a study permit to study high school in Canada and I was approved. But due to COVID 19 travel restrictions, the province I was supposed to go to, decided to stop accepting international high school students. At the time I was in grade 11. I decided to complete high school in my country, I just got an offer to a university in Canada. I was wondering if I do need to apply for a new study permit now that I am switching to university.

thanks.

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
Your earlier approved study permit is connected to your high school study permit application. You're now applying to a university. You need a new study permit.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys, my situation is a bit complicated but please hear me out. In 2021 I applied for a study permit to study high school in Canada and I was approved. But due to COVID 19 travel restrictions, the province I was supposed to go to, decided to stop accepting international high school students. At the time I was in grade 11. I decided to complete high school in my country, I just got an offer to a university in Canada. I was wondering if I do need to apply for a new study permit now that I am switching to university.

thanks.
Yes, you need a new study permit.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005

thanks.
Yes,