+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing DLI after landing

rceleste

Jun 7, 2018
I have offer letter from another DLI and have already accepted it. I will be moving to Canada in July and once I land I will change my DLI in the account. And I will not be applying for a new SP rules be damned.
Hey, did you make it to Canada in July? Have you gone ahead with your plan changing your dli once you were here? Any problems?

Kezee

Aug 5, 2021
Hey, did you make it to Canada in July? Have you gone ahead with your plan changing your dli once you were here? Any problems?
i really need to know this as well because am in similar situation, i changed my DLI without enrolling in my old school first. i am currently in canada

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
what if ur current program is in january 2022 but ur new program in new DLI starting in sep 2022? its arround 9 months, i want to know the answer about this situation

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
my friend in similar situation .. her current program is in january 2022 but her new program in same DLI starting in sep 2022? its arround 9 months, i want to know the answer about this situation especially if dependent child also on study permit and spouse on open work permit... as far as i know if she lands in canada and then she change the program then her study permit for january will be canceled as college will report to IRCC, now new course starting in september,,, i guess she needs to apply visit visa for 6 month and if approved she get extension or early study merit in May/June if she has new offer letter,,,,,, but a big question what will happen for a dependent child study permit while mother visa transfered from study permit to visit visa? and spouse open work permit,,, its tricky question

adeelahmedk

Nov 1, 2022
I have offer letter from another DLI and have already accepted it. I will be moving to Canada in July and once I land I will change my DLI in the account. And I will not be applying for a new SP rules be damned.
Hello. Can you please confirm if we can change DLI after landing in Canada? Does IRCC allow this or will that be considered as a violation of the rules? IF you also went through this route, please tell what happened in your case.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello. Can you please confirm if we can change DLI after landing in Canada? Does IRCC allow this or will that be considered as a violation of the rules? IF you also went through this route, please tell what happened in your case.
You are asking on an old post. Have you studied at your current DLI in Canada? If not you need a new study permit to begin studies at a new DLI.

adeelahmedk

Nov 1, 2022
You are asking on an old post. Have you studied at your current DLI in Canada? If not you need a new study permit to begin studies at a new DLI.
Not yet. I have an approved study permit application and will travel to Canada in December. But I plan to change my DLI immediately after landing in Canada (enroll myself in new DLI before withdrawing from the first one). Will that be considered as a violation of the rules or is it necessary to have studied atleast a semester before being able to do so.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Not yet. I have an approved study permit application and will travel to Canada in December. But I plan to change my DLI immediately after landing in Canada (enroll myself in new DLI before withdrawing from the first one). Will that be considered as a violation of the rules or is it necessary to have studied atleast a semester before being able to do so.
You can’t change your DLI without first studying at the DLI on your study permit. So if not studying at the DLI on your study permit, you need to apply for new permit. Or study for at least one semester at current DLI and then change.