+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing conditions on IEC visa (medical) URGENT HELP PLEASE!

bonniea89

Jun 13, 2014
Hi everyone,

I am in desperate need of help! I have an IEC working holiday visa (2 years) and have been working in Canada for 8 months. Recently I was offered an amazing job opportunity, however, it is in the health care field and because I didn't get a medical done to get my visa, my visa states I cannot work in health care. Can anyone please advise me on how to remove the conditions from my visa? I know I can get an upfront medical done over here in Canada, but then what do I do? How do I remove the conditions/change my visa? I need this done ASAP or I will lose my job offer.
No idea if it's relevant, but I'm 24 and from Australia.

Thank you very much!!!

Edit: After some reading, I suspect I may have to fill in a "Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker [IMM 5710]", is this correct? Can I submit this online or do I send it to Vegreville? If I send it to Vegreville, which address? None of them seem specifically relevant, would it just be the first one, 'General correspondence'? Or can I take it to an office/port somewhere to get it done faster? Sorry for all the questions, very lost right now.

General correspondence (general inquiries, documents requested by CPC Vegreville, withdrawal requests, additional information):

CPC Vegreville
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W5

For applications:

CPC Vegreville
Permanent Residence Applications
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W3

CPC Vegreville
Work Permit
6212-55th Avenue – Unit 555
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6
Note: For new employer applications only.

CPC Vegreville
Work Permit
6212-55th Avenue – Unit 202
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6
Note: For extensions with same employer only.

CPC Vegreville
Visitor and Temporary Resident Permit
6212-55th Avenue – Unit 303
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W1

CPC Vegreville
Study Permit
6212-55th Avenue – Unit 101
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X5

CPC Vegreville
Student work permit extensions (includes Co-op, Off-Campus Work Permits and Internships)
6212-55th Avenue – Unit 202
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

CPC Vegreville
Student work permits (includes Co-op, Off-Campus Work Permits, Internships and Post-Graduation Work Permits)
6212-55th Avenue – Unit 555
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I suspect that what you seek is not possible on an IEC. You may have to apply for a standard LMO supported work permit. In any event, it would not be quick.

tclinton

Mar 17, 2014
I am about to start my 2 years (also from Australia and didn't get a medical, as I don't intend to work in those sorts of fields) But let us know how you went on in case i am in the same situation!

sarahJ

Jul 2, 2014
Hi Bonnie

Have you found out what to do?

I'm in exactly the same situation as you! I am an Australian in Canada on an IEC needing my restrictions lifted immediately to be able to start a health role I've been offered.
I've received mixed messages from CIC regarding how to do this application. I have been told I can do it online but have been unable to work out how. I was also told I can post it to the second address you listed (CPC Vegreville Work Permit 6212-55th Avenue – Unit 555 Vegreville, AB T9C 1X6), however that this could take 6-8weeks to be processed.

Please let me know if you've worked out the quickest pay to complete this. And I will keep you posted too!

Mar 25, 2013
I'm in the same situation. In case you didn't get this resolved, what I had to do was phone CIC.

Apparently my emedical results are not in the system yet, despite me having done it over a month ago now. You can't submit your application until your results are in, then, when you do submit it, you need to do it by post (not online) and the processing time currently is about 6-8 weeks. So that makes at least a 4 month process for me, which isn't very helpful if you have a job offer waiting. Just thought I'd share my info as I couldn't find an answer to this question. You need to fill out IMM5710, following guide 5333, and send it to Vegreville.

So my advice is to get the medical done as part of your IEC application if there's even a chance you want to work in those sets of occupations, otherwise you have to pay the same fee and wait about the same amount of time over again to get your conditions changed. I don't know how long it extends the IEC application by if you get the medical done during the application though. That's the original reason why I didn't do it.

JGibson1901

Nov 14, 2014
Hey guys,
I was just wondering how you went with changing the conditions on the IEC? Was it an easy/short process? Did you have to complete the form and send it off to the adress listed along with your medical check?
Also having trouble with this so any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!