+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

changing common law status with immigration?

lienocka17

Jul 24, 2016
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
09-01-2018
AOR Received.
28-02-2018
Hi guys,
I need to change my status from 'common law' to 'single' since I am no longer living with my common-law partner. I am aware that I need to contact CRA to make this change, however, do I need to in some way inform immigration that me and my ex-common law partner (who I sponsored through the common law family class) are no longer living together?

Or does CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) connect with CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada)?
Thanks
Lenka

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
lienocka17 said:
Hi guys,
I need to change my status from 'common law' to 'single' since I am no longer living with my common-law partner. I am aware that I need to contact CRA to make this change, however, do I need to in some way inform immigration that me and my ex-common law partner (who I sponsored through the common law family class) are no longer living together?

Or does CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) connect with CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada)?
Thanks
Lenka
you would need to contact CIC yourself. CRA will not contact CIC for you.

lienocka17

Jul 24, 2016
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
09-01-2018
AOR Received.
28-02-2018
CDNPR2014 said:
you would need to contact CIC yourself. CRA will not contact CIC for you.
Thanks! Would I Just called the Call centre and change it there? Like the general phone number?

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lienocka17 said:
Thanks! Would I Just called the Call centre and change it there? Like the general phone number?
If you are not under condition 51 CIC has zero interest in knowing your marital status change .