+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing college and province before entering Canada.

Cguy Cooking

Feb 6, 2012
My application for study permit was approved. I am coming to Canada on the month of December,2013. I had previously applied for a college in BC. Now my cousin from Ottawa wants me to come to his place because this will save me a lot of money for living expense. Now, can I directly come to Ontario? Or do I have to go to BC where I had previously applied for to study? Are there any such restrictions regarding port of entry?
My visa type is S1.

Pls help!!!

Wordlife

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2013
Doc's Request.
19-09-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
Sukh wele shukrana, dukh wele ardaas... har wele simran!!
Get offer letter from the college u want to go to, u probably wont get any seat if u apply in december since number of courses are limited in for jan intake. As far as landing and going to bc at least once is concerned, some experienced students can better answer!
When did u apply in embassy by the way for jan intake?

SSHanna

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
6.5 Band
Med's Request
Not required
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
Already submitted along with the file
VISA ISSUED...
in July 2013
LANDED..........
January 2014
Please check out this thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-i-still-study-in-canada-t162636.0.html;msg2556653#msg2556653
This guy was in the same boat. I have also a similar situation and I asked the embassy if I can change universities and show different admission letter at the POE, their sent me a reply saying "Please be informed that you must apply for CAQ, in case if you will change your university to be in a French speaking province.

Cguy Cooking

Feb 6, 2012
Yea, I have already applied for the college I wanna go in Ontario.
Actually, I had applied for Sept. intake of this year but the visa was issued very late due to the strike in the embassy. I received my TRV and LOI on 13th of Aug. By this time the deadline for the fee payment of the college had already passed therefore I was bound to take Jan intake.

I wanna know if I can land in Ontario directly without landing in BC?

Pls help...

SSHanna

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
6.5 Band
Med's Request
Not required
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
in July 2013
LANDED..........
January 2014
Cguy Cooking said:
Yea, I have already applied for the college I wanna go in Ontario.
Actually, I had applied for Sept. intake of this year but the visa was issued very late due to the strike in the embassy. I received my TRV and LOI on 13th of Aug. By this time the deadline for the fee payment of the college had already passed therefore I was bound to take Jan intake.

I wanna know if I can land in Ontario directly without landing in BC?

Pls help...
From the reply of the embassy in my country, yes we can! As long as the province (which you want to change your university to) does not require a CAQ (in case you didn't apply for the first university in an English speaking province and want to change the university)
Did you get the point?

Cguy Cooking

Feb 6, 2012
yes brother I got the point now! :)

I have one more thing in my mind to ask you....

Is it necessary to have all the fees paid at the time at POE?

pls help

SSHanna

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
6.5 Band
Med's Request
Not required
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
in July 2013
LANDED..........
January 2014
I am not entirely sure! but it is not in the list of requirements at the POE. Check CIC page "Prepare for your arrival"

By the way, in my last post I meant:
"From the reply of the embassy in my country, yes we can! As long as the province (which you want to change your university to) does not require a CAQ (in case you didn't apply for the first university in an French speaking province and want to change the university)"

Cguy Cooking

Feb 6, 2012
Thank u bro for the information.

I have one last question. Is it necessary to have fees paid of the semester at the POE to show CBSE officer?

sourabh32

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
anybody please tell me where to take admission? i am confused between Red River College in Manitoba and Humber, And others in ontario under SPP,
m looking for 2 years advance diploma in Graphic Design.
please let me know where to take admission and which province is having high employment?
should i go for manitoba because getting p.r. is easy there?
and ontario for jobs?
please help me out? let me know about jobs in graphic designing, i already did lots of research but still confused about the jobs?
have done research on indeed.ca, monsterjob.ca and all. dont know where to go? its gonna be big step for me to take and m looking for expert advise, want to get a good job after completing my diploma from canada so that i can stay there full time.
please let me know?