+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing College after reaching toronto, CAN WE??

saurabh54

Star Member
Nov 16, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
I have a query.

If we get a visa under Spp, after reaching Canada, can we change our college to colleges under spp program.

If yes, how to proceed and approach different college's and is their any impact on my student visa ?

and what reason should i give to my current college to refund my fees, after some deductions ??

Please help me out guys......

ameet747

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Not Applicable
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
13-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
No, there's no impact on your visa whatsoever. As long as the course in the new college is of the same level as old college (for example: PG or UG), you don't even need to inform the CHC, your college will do it for you. All you need to do is take admission in the college of your choice and then tell your present college that you're taking transfer. As simple as that.

porche

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
punjab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7 bands
but i hve question on this...if someone has applied aftr loan...as bank sanction loan on that collegès offer letter..so if we chnge collg ftr goin there..it is not going to be that easy bcoz first we hve to cancl the loan thn apply for new loan..n all dat need time n ofcoz if we r there in canada..whoès gonna sign the documnts with bank....so plz tell me m thnking wrong or right

ishuu_89

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
saurabh54 said:
Hi All,
I have a query.

If we get a visa under Spp, after reaching Canada, can we change our college to colleges under spp program.

If yes, how to proceed and approach different college's and is their any impact on my student visa ?

and what reason should i give to my current college to refund my fees, after some deductions ??

Please help me out guys......
You may change the college after reaching there it won't effect ur study visa. However, It could have some negative impact when u apply for PR.. They would definitely ask why u changed college and course, then u must have strong reason to prove ur point. Thats it

porche

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
punjab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7 bands
porche said:
but i hve question on this...if someone has applied aftr loan...as bank sanction loan on that collegès offer letter..so if we chnge collg ftr goin there..it is not going to be that easy bcoz first we hve to cancl the loan thn apply for new loan..n all dat need time n ofcoz if we r there in canada..whoès gonna sign the documnts with bank....so plz tell me m thnking wrong or right

ishuu_89

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Don't exaggerate the things ... Once u reached Canada u can change college (must have a reason).
There is no need to change the college name on loan letter. You can just let them know(the particular bank) that u have changed the college because of....reason. NO NEED TO get another loan sanction letter.

jay031

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
ameet747 said:
No, there's no impact on your visa whatsoever. As long as the course in the new college is of the same level as old college (for example: PG or UG), you don't even need to inform the CHC, your college will do it for you. All you need to do is take admission in the college of your choice and then tell your present college that you're taking transfer. As simple as that.

you face problem only when applying for an off campus work permit after 6 months of studies because you will have to attach marksheet. But from where you will get a marksheet if you change school and waste 6 months.

jay031

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
ishuu_89 said:
Don't exaggerate the things ... Once u reached Canada u can change college (must have a reason).
There is no need to change the college name on loan letter. You can just let them know(the particular bank) that u have changed the college because of....reason. NO NEED TO get another loan sanction letter.

your bank will do wire transfer only for the beneficiary i.e., your school. You won't get any extra penny for a new school unless you make suitable change in your loan papers.

porche

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
punjab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7 bands
jay031 said:
your bank will do wire transfer only for the beneficiary i.e., your school. You won't get any extra penny for a new school unless you make suitable change in your loan papers.
xactly jay..thts wat ièm thnkin...as fee transfer is between colleg n bank..s i hve paid part of my tuitn fee from loan ..so the collg s not going to give dat fee to me..it will refund to bank..n aftr dat i will hve to get d new loan lettr n so so..so its not really dat easy as agents r saying ..once u rech there n can change colleg

jay031

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
porche said:
xactly jay..thts wat ièm thnkin...as fee transfer is between colleg n bank..s i hve paid part of my tuitn fee from loan ..so the collg s not going to give dat fee to me..it will refund to bank..n aftr dat i will hve to get d new loan lettr n so so..so its not really dat easy as agents r saying ..once u rech there n can change colleg

If you withdraw from the school, you will get a refund, not your bank. But you wont get any money for a new school unless you make required changes in loan papers which is very difficult. Loan is based on a risk assessment.

porche

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
punjab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7 bands
i hve been fihting wid this issue frm so long..really big thnx for clarifying d situation...i donèt really hve problm with the college..its georgian college,barrie..but had wid the location..coz i was thnkin to stay in toronto..so will shift to barrie...i guess ur alrdy student there in canada...

saurabh54

Star Member
Nov 16, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks ameet, porche, ishu and jay, for making the things clear and helping to understand the situation.

i hve been fihting wid this issue frm so long..really big thnx for clarifying d situation...i donèt really hve problm with the college..its georgian college,barrie..but had wid the location..coz i was thnkin to stay in Toronto..so will shift to barrie...i guess ur alrdy student there in Canada...
jay, i was also taking the admission in georgian at barrie, but i skipped and moved to GBC in Toronto, as their is near 3-4000$'s different but their are more opportunities in Toronto, and it can return u a lot.

I don't want to demoralize u, but if u r thinking in that manner, and if possible get it changed to some college in Toronto.

It is as per my observation and i m not currently their and i will be joining GBC in Jan2013.

porche

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
punjab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7 bands
saurabh54 said:
Thanks ameet, porche, ishu and jay, for making the things clear and helping to understand the situation.

jay, i was also taking the admission in georgian at barrie, but i skipped and moved to GBC in Toronto, as their is near 3-4000$'s different but their are more opportunities in Toronto, and it can return u a lot.

I don't want to demoralize u, but if u r thinking in that manner, and if possible get it changed to some college in Toronto.

It is as per my observation and i m not currently their and i will be joining GBC in Jan2013.
yes it can save money but aftrwards from toronto PR is not easy(infact impossible)as nethr m doin masters or PHD ,so evn if i go for chnging wil have to move to other province

dhillon1990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 nov 2012
IELTS Request
7 bands
VISA ISSUED...
7 nov 2012
What if I change to a course which is totally different than my previous field? Can I do tht?

A.D.

Jan 12, 2018
If I get admission in non spp college. Can I change my replce with spp college. Before starting study or after completion of my first sem