+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing answers on profile after ITA - IRCC history

mee11

Oct 1, 2022
Hello everyone, would really appreciate your help here.

When filling my EE profile for the second time (after the first one expired),
I answered the following questions with YES, thinking i was being asked about my expired profile

* Has XXX XXX applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before? (required)
* Has XXX XXX applied for Express Entry before? (required)

and then I put my expired EE profile number for this question: * Please provide the Express Entry file number (required)

I've recently received iTA, and these questions showed again in the ITA application, autofilled with the same answers, yet this time it says PR instead of Express Entry

I just found out that the answer of the first question should have been No since I have never technically applied to IRCC and i only opened a profile.

Now for the ITA form, i have changed my answer to NO to this question (* Has XXX XXX applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?)

But do i need to provide a LOE when i submit my application explaining this difference in answers pre and post ITA?
And if Yes, to which section should i attach it and what should i say?

Thank you for your help!

KabeerWest77

Feb 13, 2023
Someplace, Earth
Category........
FSW
Hello everyone, would really appreciate your help here.

When filling my EE profile for the second time (after the first one expired),
I answered the following questions with YES, thinking i was being asked about my expired profile

* Has XXX XXX applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before? (required)
* Has XXX XXX applied for Express Entry before? (required)

and then I put my expired EE profile number for this question: * Please provide the Express Entry file number (required)

I've recently received iTA, and these questions showed again in the ITA application, autofilled with the same answers, yet this time it says PR instead of Express Entry

I just found out that the answer of the first question should have been No since I have never technically applied to IRCC and i only opened a profile.

Now for the ITA form, i have changed my answer to NO to this question (* Has XXX XXX applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?)

But do i need to provide a LOE when i submit my application explaining this difference in answers pre and post ITA?
And if Yes, to which section should i attach it and what should i say?

Thank you for your help!
"I've recently received iTA, and these questions showed again in the ITA application, autofilled with the same answers, yet this time it says PR instead of Express Entry..
I just found out that the answer of the first question should have been No since I have never technically applied to IRCC and i only opened a profile. " :- Can you please share How is it that you found out the answer to that question should've been No?? I ask since I'm kinda stuck without clarity in a similar situation now.