+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing Address and Job information in Express Entry after filling for PR

mfarooq3

Jun 1, 2015
Hello,

I applied for the Canadian PR in the Federal Skilled category via express entry on April 24, 2015. I had received my ITA a month before that. I live in Kansas, USA and am moving to the Seattle area in two weeks to take a new job. I have tried to search online quite a bit to confirm the correct process to update CIC on my new address and new job.

My question is that do I use the CIC Case Specific Inquiry form (at secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx) to update my case or should I just to go myCIC account and update my submitted application (which seems like I should be able to; the form is allowing me to change already transmitted sections for contact details). Thanks in advance for the help.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you should try this:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp

mfarooq3

Jun 1, 2015
Yes, I looked at this link and for people outside Canada who have applied for PR, it takes you to the cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp#u and instructs to contact the office where one applied. Looking at country info for USA under offices, for Federal Skilled, it does say to do it through Express Entry. I was looking for a confirmation from someone's experience of actually updating address and job information after submitting the application.

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Hello,

I have a similar situation. My PR application is in process now with medical passed only. I submitted my application while I was in Bangladesh. But I have moved to Qatar on a Company sponsored visa working for a new company last week. So, is there a requirement to update my new present address and my new job. My NOC remains the same also my parents are still living in the Bangladesh address given in PR application.

Please advise!

Thanks
Alifur

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
To inform change in address or any other status after applying for PR can be notified to CIC by Case specific enquiry.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Also note if you are moving for long term to new location (2-3 months) and plan to complete your remaining PR formalities then only you are required to inform CIC about the address change.
Hope this helps !!

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Thanks alot. That really helps...

nrc1978 said:
To inform change in address or any other status after applying for PR can be notified to CIC by Case specific enquiry.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Also note if you are moving for long term to new location (2-3 months) and plan to complete your remaining PR formalities then only you are required to inform CIC about the address change.
Hope this helps !!

abhay.sudhakaran

Nov 21, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2016
Doc's Request.
10-01-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-03-2016
Passport Req..
19-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2016
LANDED..........
05-11-2016
I am living in Canada and have applied for PR under Express entry FSWP. My application is currently under review - in progress.
I am planning to change my current job in the next 2 weeks and would like to know the process of updating my application info for current employer, and whether it required ? I am currently on a Open-work permit and DO NOT require a LMO.

The E-AOR I received after PR application submission states as shown below: (I don't see any mention of "change in job/employer")

Let us know
If your circumstances change you have to let us know. To notify CIC of changes to your application, visit
select the office that serves the country in which you are
living, and follow the directions for "Case Specific Enquiry."
More particularly, please inform us about any:
• Change in circumstances such as the loss of a job offer or a Provincial or Territorial nomination;

It would be great if someone can help guide me in this situation. ::)

Regards

abhay.sudhakaran

Nov 21, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2016
Doc's Request.
10-01-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-03-2016
Passport Req..
19-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2016
LANDED..........
05-11-2016
am living in Canada and have applied for PR under Express entry FSWP. My application is currently under review - in progress.
I am planning to change my current job in the next 2 weeks and would like to know the process of updating my application info for current employer, and whether it required ? I am currently on a Open-work permit and DO NOT require a LMO.

The E-AOR I received after PR application submission states as shown below: (I don't see any mention of "change in job/employer")

Let us know
If your circumstances change you have to let us know. To notify CIC of changes to your application, visit
• Change in circumstances such as the loss of a job offer or a Provincial or Territorial nomination;

It would be great if someone can help guide me in this situation. Does anyone know the answer ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhay.sudhakaran said:
am living in Canada and have applied for PR under Express entry FSWP. My application is currently under review - in progress.

Let us know

It would be great if someone can help guide me in this situation. Does anyone know the answer ?
Required only if your ITA is contingent on the current job. That would be the case if you got 600 additional points for having this job. If not, no real need to inform IRCC.

missik

Oct 18, 2017
I have the same question and the answer is not really clear from this thread.

Do I have to inform IRCC when changing employment after submitting a PR application via Express Entry under FSWP? No LMIA was needed, no extra points were granted when applying and no extra points are gained with this new job either. If so, do I have to submit some additional documents about this new job like I did with the previous ones?

Cheers!

Apr 21, 2018
I called CIC today to check my EE application process and I was informed that my mother's phone number is included on my personal information contact. I think this record is due to my previous temporary visa request. By that time I was living at her place. I was informed that I must update this information, but I'm afraid this might disturb my EE process. Can anyone help me? Am I becoming too paranoid? Haha
Does this update request about a previous visa process seems to be ok for you?

rmf8

Jul 24, 2019
Hi everyone - can someone please kindly answer the question:

Do I have to inform IRCC when changing employment and location after submitting a PR application via Express Entry under FSWP?

Thank you in advance.