+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changes to physical appearance

Akshay999

Aug 3, 2023
Hello everyone,

Nine years ago, my passport photo depicted me with hair, but since then, I have experienced hair loss, and I am now bald. Occasionally, I use temporary hair systems to conceal my baldness. However, when I submitted my application to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), I adhered to the rules by providing photos of my current appearance without the use of a hair system. I have received my Passport Request (PPR), and my Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) documents with the latest photo showing my bald head, consistent with my submitted pictures. My concern is whether this could cause any issues with the Indian immigration authorities or the Canadian immigration authorities due to the difference between my passport photo and my current appearance.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone,

Nine years ago, my passport photo depicted me with hair, but since then, I have experienced hair loss, and I am now bald. Occasionally, I use temporary hair systems to conceal my baldness. However, when I submitted my application to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), I adhered to the rules by providing photos of my current appearance without the use of a hair system. I have received my Passport Request (PPR), and my Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) documents with the latest photo showing my bald head, consistent with my submitted pictures. My concern is whether this could cause any issues with the Indian immigration authorities or the Canadian immigration authorities due to the difference between my passport photo and my current appearance.
You're not the first person to go bald, let alone shave their hand. Not going to be an issue.

If asked, you could explain it with words: "I have gone bald since that photo was taken."

Akshay999

Aug 3, 2023
I even disclosed to the IRCC that I frequently wear hair wig. My picture in PCC was taken with hair, but when I submitted it for Express entry and COPR, it was taken without hair becauze it was mentioned no head wears in specifications.

Akshay999

Aug 3, 2023
You're not the first person to go bald, let alone shave their hand. Not going to be an issue.

If asked, you could explain it with words: "I have gone bald since that photo was taken."

I even disclosed to the IRCC that I frequently wear hair wig. My picture in PCC was taken with hair, but when I submitted it for Express entry and COPR, it was taken without hair becauze it was mentioned no head wears in specifications.