+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changes to EE profile after recieving ITA

Aljaz

Oct 28, 2012
Hi,

I would like to ask if any of you know or have experience with deleting a job from work history after receiving an ITA - CEC - Canadian Experience Class.

To describe it better, my common-law partner is a primary applicant and I am listed as her spouse. I received points for three factors: education, Canadian work experience, and language proficiency.

We got into the pool with 476 points. At draw, 453 points were necessary. I am thinking about deleting work experience from profile for which we would loose 2 points.

Does anyone have experience with deleting, modifying work history after receiving ITA?

Best regards,

Alex

reddyreddy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2017
Doc's Request.
10/03/2017
AOR Received.
15/01/2017
Med's Done....
20/02/2017
Passport Req..
10/04/2017
Aljaz said:
Hi,

I would like to ask if any of you know or have experience with deleting a job from work history after receiving an ITA - CEC - Canadian Experience Class.

To describe it better, my common-law partner is a primary applicant and I am listed as her spouse. I received points for three factors: education, Canadian work experience, and language proficiency.

We got into the pool with 476 points. At draw, 453 points were necessary. I am thinking about deleting work experience from profile for which we would loose 2 points.

Does anyone have experience with deleting, modifying work history after receiving ITA?

Best regards,

Alex
I would not suggest to delete any condition under which you/your spouse received points and an ITA. If you do not want a VO to consider that experience please attach an explanation letter(explaining why do not want that experience to be considered).

Aljaz

Oct 28, 2012
Thank you!

What about changing the NOC code. Now I believe that I should use other NOC code?

Is it better to modify a NOC code or explain it in the explanation letter?

Kind regards,

Aljaz

reddyreddy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2017
Doc's Request.
10/03/2017
AOR Received.
15/01/2017
Med's Done....
20/02/2017
Passport Req..
10/04/2017
Aljaz said:
Thank you!

What about changing the NOC code. Now I believe that I should use other NOC code?

Is it better to modify a NOC code or explain it in the explanation letter?

Kind regards,

Aljaz
It is better to provide an explanation letter

goodenough

Feb 22, 2017
Hi everyone!

I have a bit of a situation (that I totally inflicted upon my stupid self) and I need to trouble shoot asap and really in need of good advice.

I realised that I received my ITA with the wrong score as there was a mistake by one year in the date of the start of my current job. Don't ask me how I didn't notice before and how it happened because I was checking several times when submitting my Express Entry and someone was checking with me and it still remains a mystery to me how this could happen...

So I received 13 more points than I was supposed to - however even without those I would have still gotten selected in my draw.

I have one week left on my current PGWP and I was supposed to submit my e-APR yesterday and apply for BOWP. Now I'm at a loss. Trying to call CIC to clarify the situation.

Basically the question is - can I even consider risking it and submitting my e-APR with the letter of explanation of what happened or is it totally insane and I should reject and hope to get selected again?

I lost a lot of time, and am really afraid that the scores will start going higher now and that I missed my chance.

Please, any advice would be appreciated!

reddyreddy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2017
Doc's Request.
10/03/2017
AOR Received.
15/01/2017
Med's Done....
20/02/2017
Passport Req..
10/04/2017
goodenough said:
Hi everyone!

I have a bit of a situation (that I totally inflicted upon my stupid self) and I need to trouble shoot asap and really in need of good advice.

I realised that I received my ITA with the wrong score as there was a mistake by one year in the date of the start of my current job. Don't ask me how I didn't notice before and how it happened because I was checking several times when submitting my Express Entry and someone was checking with me and it still remains a mystery to me how this could happen...

So I received 13 more points than I was supposed to - however even without those I would have still gotten selected in my draw.

I have one week left on my current PGWP and I was supposed to submit my e-APR yesterday and apply for BOWP. Now I'm at a loss. Trying to call CIC to clarify the situation.

Basically the question is - can I even consider risking it and submitting my e-APR with the letter of explanation of what happened or is it totally insane and I should reject and hope to get selected again?

I lost a lot of time, and am really afraid that the scores will start going higher now and that I missed my chance.

Please, any advice would be appreciated!
I can understand ur situation, but it is a risk to submit ur application even though you provide an explanation letter. Can I ask your CRS score if you dont mind?

goodenough

Feb 22, 2017
reddyreddy said:
I can understand ur situation, but it is a risk to submit ur application even though you provide an explanation letter. Can I ask your CRS score if you dont mind?
ITA received - Jan.25 - lowest ranked score invited in that draw = 453 points
Score upon invitation - 505 points
My actual score (according to my calculations) 505 points - 13 points (that I got for mistakenly adding 1 more year or work experience) = 492 points

Called CIC twice today - both agents told me to submit with the Letter of Explanation...

reddyreddy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2017
Doc's Request.
10/03/2017
AOR Received.
15/01/2017
Med's Done....
20/02/2017
Passport Req..
10/04/2017
goodenough said:
ITA received - Jan.25 - lowest ranked score invited in that draw = 453 points
Score upon invitation - 505 points
My actual score (according to my calculations) 505 points - 13 points (that I got for mistakenly adding 1 more year or work experience) = 492 points

Called CIC twice today - both agents told me to submit with the Letter of Explanation...
You always have a chance of getting an invite with the score you have even if you reject this invite. But if CIC agents suggested you to put an explanation and submit ur application I think you can go ahead

goodenough

Feb 22, 2017
reddyreddy said:
You always have a chance of getting an invite with the score you have even if you reject this invite. But if CIC agents suggested you to put an explanation and submit ur application I think you can go ahead
Yes I am considering re-entering the pool right now. I would rather much be 100% safe.

The only problem is that my current PGWP is expiring on March 7 and my employer could not and can not get an LMIA for me... So I was really counting on applying for BOWP. Now it's all up in the air...

reddyreddy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2017
Doc's Request.
10/03/2017
AOR Received.
15/01/2017
Med's Done....
20/02/2017
Passport Req..
10/04/2017
goodenough said:
Yes I am considering re-entering the pool right now. I would rather much be 100% safe.

The only problem is that my current PGWP is expiring on March 7 and my employer could not and can not get an LMIA for me... So I was really counting on applying for BOWP. Now it's all up in the air...
Totally understand and after observing the previous draws there is a draw every second week on a Wednesday, which would fall on March 8 apparently.

Without going on an implied status it is not suggested to stay back in Canada after your current WP expires. Either way you should take a risky step. Try to research implied status

goodenough

Feb 22, 2017
reddyreddy said:
Totally understand and after observing the previous draws there is a draw every second week on a Wednesday, which would fall on March 8 apparently.

Without going on an implied status it is not suggested to stay back in Canada after your current WP expires. Either way you should take a risky step. Try to research implied status
I know about implied status and have already been on it once. How would you suggest I receive it in my current case? Paper-based work permit extension application?

ck85

Apr 9, 2013
If you decline ITA and update EE, does your provincial nomination expire or get removed from your profile ? please provide inputs.

saran24

Mar 24, 2016
Hello everyone

I want to change the NOC code now. Do I just change it (have that option) or a must to give explanation letter?

Does the job description have to match the NOC perfectly or it can be adjusted to your own workplace?

Thank you

reddyreddy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2017
Doc's Request.
10/03/2017
AOR Received.
15/01/2017
Med's Done....
20/02/2017
Passport Req..
10/04/2017
ck85 said:
If you decline ITA and update EE, does your provincial nomination expire or get removed from your profile ? please provide inputs.
Nope, just the ITA will be removed. PNP nomination has an expiry date before if should be accepted.

reddyreddy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2017
Doc's Request.
10/03/2017
AOR Received.
15/01/2017
Med's Done....
20/02/2017
Passport Req..
10/04/2017
saran24 said:
Hello everyone

I want to change the NOC code now. Do I just change it (have that option) or a must to give explanation letter?

Does the job description have to match the NOC perfectly or it can be adjusted to your own workplace?

Thank you
1. Provide an explanation letter, don't make changes by yourself
2. Doesn't need to match perfectly. In-fact you cannot copy paste responsibilities, see that most of them are covered but in different sentence formats