+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changes to Application Form

LeelaD

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
hi all, I called today to make an appointment for my medical exam I am applying outbound as a U.K citizen while staying in Canada via visa extensions, the doctors office said tomorrow is the LAST day they can do my medical upfront as after the 15th of December they must wait for a letter from the immigration office before doing the medical, now I'm like ...what to do? Should I rush and complete the medical tomorrow? Or wait until after the 15th - are the changes being made mean that I can't have a medical exam done in Canada? Does anyone have any clarification?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
no, the changes don't mean you can't get the medical done in canada. the changes just mean you can't get the medical done upfront anymore, and will need a specific request from immigration. if you are sending in the old forms and you can get in by their deadline, i'd recommend getting it over with. otherwise, i'd suggest switching to the new application and wait for the request.

LeelaD

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
No I won't make the deadline if it is the 15th of December, i that the definite deadline or just the date of the changes? Is there another deadline for old applications?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LeelaD said:
No I won't make the deadline if it is the 15th of December, i that the definite deadline or just the date of the changes? Is there another deadline for old applications?
they will accept the old application through the end of January. i would recommend reading the notes about the new package on the immigration website. it is pretty straight forward and easy to understand.

i'm assuming since the doctor is suggesting they can no longer do upfront medicals as of tomorrow, then that is a deadline all panel physicians will be held to. if you can't do your medical upfront, then you will get a request for it later in the process. it's really not something to stress about.

Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 24-01-2017, AOR2 20-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
24-07-2017, further tests requested 13-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
IRCC website states that if you have already done the medical or have already booked it, then go ahead and send it in. If you haven't already done it or booked the appointment, then don't do it and just wait for the request letter. So up to you whether you want to do now or not. If you do now, you shouldn't need to redo it later since I will be under 12 months if not a complex case.