+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changes, Short hearing

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020
Hi folks
I Claimed october 2019 and irb asked to send supporting documents for file review process on December 2019, no news till last october 2020 and they said i am going to short hearing instaed of file review and they didnt send any letter about it yet and just called my lawyer and give him a short hearing date for march 2021,
So what haplend؟
could be just a question in case or no it maybe be a bad sign for me?

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
Short hearing is a good sign. I had a short hearing and the member asked me few questions to clarify things like why I didn't seek asylum in another country (I travelled Australia and europe before) also why I didn't ask for it when I arrived in Canada (it took me few months to go to IRCC and submit my claim). I was honest and my answers satisfied the member and she made the decision of accepting my claim on the same hearing day. Good luck.

Reactions: cyberlink

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020
Short hearing is a good sign. I had a short hearing and the member asked me few questions to clarify things like why I didn't seek asylum in another country (I travelled Australia and europe before) also why I didn't ask for it when I arrived in Canada (it took me few months to go to IRCC and submit my claim). I was honest and my answers satisfied the member and she made the decision of accepting my claim on the same hearing day. Good luck.
Hey budy, Was it virtual or in person? How many hours it takes? And did the member asked you questions back to back or she/he was kinda nice?