+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changes made by IRCC to the SPP Program? - replaced by SDS?

peruchazhi

May 5, 2016
Hi,

My friend is trying to come to Canada and is almost ready to submit his visa application. However, there is a news that seems to be in circulation that SPP is going to be replaced by a new system called SDS for students from India. Does anyone have any idea on this?

I am posting the details and attaching some link that claims to support this information.

"We wish to bring to your immediate attention the information provided by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) regarding the changes being made to the existing SPP program from India. The name of the program is being changed to Study Direct Stream (SDS). The students wishing to apply through the SDS program will have to meet the following criteria

1. Provide Academic IELTS results with an overall 6.0 as well as a 6.0 for all sub-bands, listening, reading, writing and speaking.(For all PG programs at Camosun College we will continue to seek an overall of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0)
2. Provide a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10,000 as proof of ability to self-support.
3. Provide proof of tuition payment for the first year (CAD15000 for Camosun College programs)

These changes will be applicable to all study permit applications received from February 1, 2018 irrespective of the date of the LOA / Offer letter.

Camosun College will be implementing the above changes with immediate effect for all applications received and under process for all our UG programs as of December 20, 2017. All applications for the UG programs received after December 20th will be reviewed under the new criteria. Kindly inform your entire team members about the changes and the new criteria to ensure that all applications sent from now onwards meet these requirements.

The students who already have an Unconditional Offer letter under the previous guidelines must ensure that they complete all the formalities well in time to be able to apply for the study permit much before February 1, 2018. In case of delay they will be required to meet the new criteria to get the final LOA from Camosun College.

We will continue to share with you any updates to the new SDS program as and when communicated to us by the IRCC.
"

Few links:
https://chetanyacareers.com/changes-made-ircc-spp-program/
http://www.myforeignstudy.com/Canada/SDS/
http://www.pyramideservices.com/Canada/SDSRule

Sep 13, 2017
This link is for Manila Visa Offices only. The first page states that.

Manila - Capital of the Philippines
If you are aware about SDS then you may know that the same rules will be implement for the four country ( India, China, Vietnam and the Philippines).
This documents is related to Philippines, in Philippines these rules are already in action from july 2017.

Lavrel

Feb 27, 2018
Hello everyone,
So to apply this program I have to hold passport of one of those 4 countries? Will it be possible to apply from China for example, but im not Chinese? Hope someone can reply

Vidhi.Patel

Jun 1, 2018
Hello,

Actually I have 6.5 bands with no less than 6. But I have paid 1 semester fees. So, there is one regular stream in which I can apply.
Is this right?? Will it creates any problems for me???

beawesome007

Jun 12, 2018
Hello everyone,I'm an Indian citizen planning to apply through the SDS program for a study permit!
But my issue is I'm on a investor visa here in Bahrain (been staying here in Bahrain since I was born.Completed school, bachelors and finally took up my father business. I've been to India for about 350 days in the 4 years mostly for vacation.)
Could I be eligible to apply through SDS system or I'll have to go through the Regular study permit application process?