+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changeable tourist visa to work visa

sara_H_JDT

Dec 28, 2019
Hello all,
I've heard about a new announcement that makes possible for visitor to changes their tourist visa into work visa ?
Is it right ?
I could find just this Link from canada.ca :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/visit-to-work.html

So, few question :
1-Does it apply to everyone outside of Canada ? or just persons having tourist visa at the moment of announcing of this news ?
2-Is it possible to change it to the PR someday in future based on this kind of visa ?

Thanks

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
Hello all,
I've heard about a new announcement that makes possible for visitor to changes their tourist visa into work visa ?
Is it right ?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/visit-to-work.html

So, few question :
1-Does it apply to everyone outside of Canada ? or just persons having tourist visa at the moment of announcing of this news ?
2-Is it possible to change it to the PR someday in future based on this kind of visa ?

Thanks
Hi so answering your questions:

1)You can get a visitor visa and then apply for this work permit according to the policy. You will need a LMIA or LMIA exempt job offer to be able to apply and its a 2 year work permit.
2) It totally depends on the specific type of work if it is eligible under TEER system for PR.

Reactions: sara_H_JDT

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all,
Is it right ?

So, few question :

Thanks
1. If you are outside Canada then you follow the same process as a visitor. Get a job offer with approved LMIA from your employer. Your employer has to prove that no Canadian, PR or persona on a work visa could be hired, only you have the experience. Once you have a LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit. So if you are a visitor in Canada, you then wait for approval. You cannot work until you have approved work permit.
2. Depending if you are eligible for Express Entry based on your age, education, job (skilled) and language or if you are eligible for that provincial program based on the same. If unskilled, your chances are lower.

So assume you have a TRV. Once you come to Canada, you need to get a job offer and employer has a LMIA or will apply for one. Then closed work permit. The process can take a long time so you will need a considerable amount of funds because you will not have access to any government services.

Don’t you have PR?

• Love

sara_H_JDT

Dec 28, 2019
Hi so answering your questions:

1)You can get a visitor visa and then apply for this work permit according to the policy. You will need a LMIA or LMIA exempt job offer to be able to apply and its a 2 year work permit.
2) It totally depends on the specific type of work if it is eligible under TEER system for PR.
Thanks for your response .
TEER 2 or TEER 1
certainly .

But Are you talking about which Express Entry Programs? FSW or CEC which able to apply after coming with TRV ? Could I take advantage of Valid LMIA (Job's point in Express Entry and using CEC ?

To sum up , Can we declare that the advantage of possessing TRV is used to acquire a valid job and finally apply under EE CEC ?
So for CEC at least 1 year full time should be worked .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your response .

TEER 2 or TEER 1
certainly .

But Are you talking about which Express Entry Programs? FSW or CEC which able to apply after coming with TRV ? Could I take advantage of Valid LMIA (Job's point in Express Entry and using CEC ?

To sum up , Can we declare that the advantage of possessing TRV is used to acquire a valid job and finally apply under EE CEC ?
So for CEC at least 1 year full time should be worked .
Very confused by your question?

Do you have an approved LMIA - yes or no? If so for what TEER? If you do you can count it for FSW. You are not eligible for CEC until you have one year of Canadian work experience.

What does TRV help you with for LMIA? You cannot work in Canada without work permit. Without a work permit, you cannot get Canadian work experience. You would need to be invited for FSW (not eligible for CEC) so your score must be high enough. What is your CRS score?

sara_H_JDT

Dec 28, 2019
Hi thanks for your response
Don’t you have PR?
Not yet. waiting for decline in cut-off
If you are outside Canada then you follow the same process as a visitor. Get a job offer with approved LMIA from your employer. Your employer has to prove that no Canadian, PR or persona on a work visa could be hired, only you have the experience. Once you have a LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit. So if you are a visitor in Canada, you then wait for approval. You cannot work until you have approved work permit.
So there isn't any difference in this situation that you're inside or outside the canada , just have TRV and process take the same time as you're outside the Canada ? Am I right ?so what's the benefits of TRV ?:D

2. Depending if you are eligible for Express Entry based on your age, education, job (skilled) and language or if you are eligible for that provincial program based on the same. If unskilled, your chances are lower.
Under which programs ? If have a valid LMIA then after an year can apply under CEC , If not , FSW same as outside Candidates.
So assume you have a TRV. Once you come to Canada, you need to get a job offer and employer has a LMIA or will apply for one. Then closed work permit. The process can take a long time so you will need a considerable amount of funds because you will not have access to any government services.
How many months it would be taken ?Can you guess

thanks

sara_H_JDT

Dec 28, 2019
Very confused by your question?

Do you have an approved LMIA - yes or no? If so for what TEER? If you do you can count it for FSW. You are not eligible for CEC until you have one year of Canadian work experience.

What does TRV help you with for LMIA? You cannot work in Canada without work permit. Without a work permit, you cannot get Canadian work experience. You would need to be invited for FSW (not eligible for CEC) so your score must be high enough. What is your CRS score?
Perfect explanation thanks .
I get your point.
Till no LMIA, not any EE programs
What is your CRS score?
462 without second language TEER 2 (NOC B)

So , I analysis what is relationship(advantages) between TRV and LMIA that I catch from your explanation that is nothing !

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Perfect explanation thanks .
I get your point.
Till no LMIA, not any EE programs

462 without second language TEER 2 (NOC B)

So , I analysis what is relationship(advantages) between TRV and LMIA that I catch from your explanation that is nothing !
So score is not high enough for invitation right now. There is no advantage between TRV and LMIA. You can come to Canada on a TRV and visit, but you cannot work. Even if you get an approved LMIA, you need to still apply for, wait and be approved for a closed work permit. That can take a long time.

sara_H_JDT

Dec 28, 2019
So score is not high enough for invitation right now. There is no advantage between TRV and LMIA. You can come to Canada on a TRV and visit, but you cannot work. Even if you get an approved LMIA, you need to still apply for, wait and be approved for a closed work permit. That can take a long time.
Thanks a lot
and for last query
Will CRS score decrease in the near future?