+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change Visitor Application to Study Permit Application (Minor)

JohnnyNguy

Dec 4, 2020
Hello everyone. I helped my friend to apply for her family application. Her status in Canada is Work Permit, so I applied for her husband Open Work Permit and Visitor Visa for her children. Her husband and one of children got approved. However, one of her child's Visitor Visa application is still in process. Because he is at school age, IRCC requires her son to submit a Study Permit application instead of Visitor Visa application and pay the Study Permit fees. How do I submit Study Permit application for her child without Letter of Acceptance? Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

JohnnyNguy

Dec 4, 2020
Thank you for your respond. However, he is not eligible when i check eligibility for the study permit with out LOA. How do apply without LOA?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your respond. However, he is not eligible when i check eligibility for the study permit with out LOA. How do apply without LOA?
An just read the small print.
“Minor children who are accompanying a family member who has applied and been approved for a work or study permit before entering Canada do not need to provide a letter of acceptance from an educational institution.” Because the mother is already in canada, you will need to a)find a private school and get admitted or b) contact the public board and see if the child can enrol. Public board fees are between $10-20k depending on where she lives. Pay fees for school and apply for study permit. Dont know where you are from but you may be looking at September 2021 for school admission as January is not possible.