VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PNP intent to stay is a grey area at very best.
The right to move to the other province is one thing and the breach of the officially signed intent to live in the province is the other thing. That document is usually requested either during the PNP process or during the federal process.

What provinces technically can do (at least in some cases) is to use that document and accuse applicant from misinterpretation (yes yes very grey but still possible). The question is more like: Will they do it for some applicants?

Now my personal opinion:

1. I do understand that the amount of posted jobs in smaller places is usually lower that in bigger places. However that is only 1/2 half of the picture. As you forget to take into account potential competition. So statistically speaking you have higher chance to get job in place with 10 openings and 20 potential candidates (50% chance), than with 100 openings and 500 (20% chance) potential candidates.

2. Also some of us were lucky, and got their job within few first weeks, many others did struggle and had to search 3 to 9 months for it (and yes that includes people in Toronto or Vancouver). What many were forced to do was:
- survival jobs
- free internships
- some additional training
- and other ways to do networking.

3, With the point above, many reported sending out 100 to 500 resumes before being able to hit a job.

So in my eyes 2 months trying to find job (not survival job) are very standard and nothing exceptional that would point out struggling.

So bear all that in mind when considering to move.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Playing devil's advocate you would have applied for oinp if you had had the opportunity so you also played the system. We do now see some provinces cracking down on the pnp applicants because many provinces have seen the majority never have the intention of staying in the province. Think I was reading about PEI recently.

King.bill

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Playing devil's advocate you would have applied for oinp if you had had the opportunity so you also played the system. We do now see some provinces cracking down on the pnp applicants because many provinces have seen the majority never have the intention of staying in the province. Think I was reading about PEI recently.
Not that I support what's being discussed but if you are referring to business immigrant scam in PEI, the province made almost $18 million as they took the deposits away but no one's PR was revoked. Again, I have never heard of a person's PR being revoked unless they are convicted of a major crime or treason.