+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change proof of funds amount after getting ITA, Please help me

DIbraheem

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Hi guys,
I need help please
Can I change proof of funds amount after getting an ITA?
I Have mentioned that I have an amount equals to the sum of my apartment value n my bank account and I just knew that I can't add property valuation to my proof of funds.
I am afraid to mispresent myself If I change the amount after my ITA. Anyone has similar experience?
Also, did you know what is the financial report that we could submit n whether I can include my assets valuation to it ir

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes. Input any amount equal to or more than the minimum required in your specific situation.

DIbraheem

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
Yes. Input any amount equal to or more than the minimum required in your specific situation.
My account is locked after getting the ITA n I am afraid of changing the amount and lose my ITA due to mispresentation.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
DIbraheem said:
My account is locked after getting the ITA n I am afraid of changing the amount and lose my ITA due to mispresentation.
Post ITA in the eAPR forms you will be asked the same question again, you can update it there.

DIbraheem

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Dear Asivad and Stanlee, you guys are one of the main reasons thousands of us seek CanadaVisa for help.

We got screwed up by lawyers again; this time the second lawyer added captial assets (apartment) to pof thus indicated 80,000 CAD on ee prof. (Apartment valued at 55,000 CAD)

I just recieved my ITA, but i only have $25,000 in 6 month bank statments, more than minimum requirment:

1) should i just change the amount to $25,000 in e-apr? Would I risk misinterperation/rejection due to this mismatch between ee and e-apr? Is this something you have seen done before and explained through a LOE

2) I can sell my apartment, however it may raise concerns due to the sudden deposit. So if i end up doing this would a previous ownership and property transfer be acceptable to explain sudden deposit? Would this be a safer option?

3 ) should i just decline the ITA and amend the profile? I am at 476 points and i waited so long for this.

Finally if anyone reads this, please make use of the considerable help and advices given by the senior members here. Twice i have wasted my money and time with so called immigration lawyers.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
DIbraheem said:
Dear Asivad and Stanlee, you guys are one of the main reasons thousands of us seek CanadaVisa for help.

We got screwed up by lawyers again; this time the second lawyer added captial assets (apartment) to pof thus indicated 80,000 CAD on ee prof. (Apartment valued at 55,000 CAD)

I just recieved my ITA, but i only have $25,000 in 6 month bank statments, more than minimum requirment:

1) should i just change the amount to $25,000 in e-apr? Would I risk misinterperation/rejection due to this mismatch between ee and e-apr? Is this something you have seen done before and explained through a LOE

2) I can sell my apartment, however it may raise concerns due to the sudden deposit. So if i end up doing this would a previous ownership and property transfer be acceptable to explain sudden deposit? Would this be a safer option?

3 ) should i just decline the ITA and amend the profile? I am at 476 points and i waited so long for this.

Finally if anyone reads this, please make use of the considerable help and advices given by the senior members here. Twice i have wasted my money and time with so called immigration lawyers.
1. Just update in eAPR. As long as you have the proof for the amount you are claiming you are good to go. No need for LOE to explain the difference. As long as it is above LICO, it does not matter to CIC.

2. Not required, if you already have sufficient funds.

3. No need to decline ITA.

Reactions: sam3218

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
Hi , my original funds i had mentioned (which show as transmitted now and I am not able to change) are below the minimum threshold (they just changed it after i received ITA) . Now I can show proof for more funds and put in the value in my eapr but the original form shows as transmitted and i am unable to edit it . Please advice

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Hi , my original funds i had mentioned (which show as transmitted now and I am not able to change) are below the minimum threshold (they just changed it after i received ITA) . Now I can show proof for more funds and put in the value in my eapr but the original form shows as transmitted and i am unable to edit it . Please advice
Raise a webform with the new evidence.

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
Thanks for replying - How to raise a webform and are you sure it is needed? because in the eapr(the application I am still filling after receiving ITA) I am able to edit my funds to $16500 only the original profile page shows transmitted with the old funds

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Thanks for replying - How to raise a webform and are you sure it is needed? because in the eapr(the application I am still filling after receiving ITA) I am able to edit my funds to $16500 only the original profile page shows transmitted with the old funds
If you have not filed the APR yet, then modify it there before submitting and explain in LoE

Reactions: NivedhithaCibi

vinegarandsalt

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
My situation is slightly different. I have submitted POF showing 38k USD in my bank account but I did not update the “how much money will you bring to canada” section after january 1st. So now my statement in the form is only 135 CAD short than the minimum amount, but I showed considerably higher funds than the required minimum. I raised a webform(CSE) explaining the situation. Do you think I should worry? I m pretty nervous atm. Thanks!

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
My situation is slightly different. I have submitted POF showing 38k USD in my bank account but I did not update the “how much money will you bring to canada” section after january 1st. So now my statement in the form is only 135 CAD short than the minimum amount, but I showed considerably higher funds than the required minimum. I raised a webform(CSE) explaining the situation. Do you think I should worry? I m pretty nervous atm. Thanks!
I don't understand, why would you have 38K and now be short by 135?

vinegarandsalt

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
I don't understand, why would you have 38K and now be short by 135?
the documents i submitted show that i have 38k, but i have filled the “how much money you will bring?” section of the application form as 16k CAD. When i filled the form and received the ita, before 1st of january, the min required amount was around 15.800 cad. now, it is 16.135 :(

Tweety77

Star Member
May 27, 2017
the documents i submitted show that i have 38k, but i have filled the “how much money you will bring?” section of the application form as 16k CAD. When i filled the form and received the ita, before 1st of january, the min required amount was around 15.800 cad. now, it is 16.135 :(
I have the same problem and dont know what to do. I put $24.000 as POF which was above the required amount ($23.500) for a family of 4 at the time of the application and E-APR. ( My supporting financial documents were above $25,000) Now that the POF increased up to $24,083 in 2020, and I can not change my E-APR profile. I dont know if we should send a webform??

vinegarandsalt

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
I have the same problem and dont know what to do. I put $24.000 as POF which was above the required amount ($23.500) for a family of 4 at the time of the application and E-APR. ( My supporting financial documents were above $25,000) Now that the POF increased up to $24,083 in 2020, and I can not change my E-APR profile. I dont know if we should send a webform??
that s what i did, sending a webform. i received a reply in a week, saying they forwarded my webform to the agent handling my application.
you re the only one i could find making the same problem with me so far, so let s be in touch shall we?

Reactions: kevran32