+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change program

tonyjohn1988

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
I applied on 23rd of May. I sent them an email 2 days ago to say I already have tickets etc and ready to fly in a few weeks so will appreciate an update o my application.
please tell me hoe you submitted

1.study permit application
2. letter of acceptance : new LOA?
3. financial : ?
4. client section?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
please tell me hoe you submitted

1.study permit application
2. letter of acceptance : new LOA?
3. financial : ?
4. client section?
I submitted:

1. Required docs like Passport bio page, e-medical sheet for upfront etc
2. A new SOP (just a 1-pager saying why I was changing DLI. Not as comprehensive as the first one).
3. new LOA
4. updated financial documents (just got new ones from bank).
5. In the client section, I uploaded the LOI letter than was issued to me for my first application and a copy of my counterfoil.

I didn't re-submit employment letter, transcripts, degrees etc.

PS: My previous counterfoil is now invalid. The counterfoil for all my dependents that are under my account are still valid.

Reactions: tonyjohn1988

tonyjohn1988

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
I submitted:

1. Required docs like Passport bio page, e-medical sheet for upfront etc
2. A new SOP (just a 1-pager saying why I was changing DLI. Not as comprehensive as the first one).
3. new LOA
4. updated financial documents (just got new ones from bank).
5. In the client section, I uploaded the LOI letter than was issued to me for my first application and a copy of my counterfoil.

I didn't re-submit employment letter, transcripts, degrees etc.

PS: My previous counterfoil is now invalid. The counterfoil for all my dependents that are under my account are still valid.
great. do you think i can change my course completely?

Actually i have valid visit visa until 2024. So first time they never sent to me PPR.they only sent to me introduction letter or port of entry .so if i apply this time do they simply invalidate my visitor visa ?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
great. do you think i can change my course completely?

Actually i have valid visit visa until 2024. So first time they never sent to me PPR.they only sent to me introduction letter or port of entry .so if i apply this time do they simply invalidate my visitor visa ?
I can't tell how changing your course completely might affect your new application.
I don't think they will invalidate your visa if it was not issued against your current study permit (S-1 visa). Good luck!

Reactions: tonyjohn1988

tonyjohn1988

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
I can't tell how changing your course completely might affect your new application.
I don't think they will invalidate your visa if it was not issued against your current study permit (S-1 visa). Good luck!
ok..
may I ask you if i just login my gc account ans just update my DLI wat wil happen? do they simply cancel my study visa ?

tonyjohn1988

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
I honestly don't know, but yes they will likely cancel your study permit. Happened to a couple people here a few months ago...
may i ask you...if i apply for new study visa and my wife sowp already pending..so can i mention on my letter saying here is the my wife application for sowp and she wants to travel with me ..do they process together ..or do i need to apply study visa and apply again for visitor or sowp like new application ??

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
may i ask you...if i apply for new study visa and my wife sowp already pending..so can i mention on my letter saying here is the my wife application for sowp and she wants to travel with me ..do they process together ..or do i need to apply study visa and apply again for visitor or sowp like new application ??
I am not sure how that will work. For what it's worth:

In my case, even though I reapplied for my SP, I didn't have to reapply for my kids who got their study permits together with me (IRCC told me there's no need since they weren't changing DLI).

I applied for my husband's SOWP on the 11th of May and I applied for my new SP on the 23rd of May, so as you can see, my husband's application was against my previous SP. In my new application, I didn't mention anything about my husband's SOWP being in process etc. I didn't refer to it at all.

His SOWP was approved on the 25th of June and his dates matched my previous permit's. My new SP was approved on the 9th of July - I still don't know the validity yet as I am only sending my passports for stampling today.

tonyjohn1988

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
i just applied few minutes before. but on covering l mentioned my wife would like to travel with me ..she already applied sowp .kindly consider her application while assessing mine..also client section i added her submission confirmation,purpose of her travel,medical ...im sure they wont look at ..but i dont want lie for no reason. ..bcz on family form. they asking wife accompanying .so i dont want different answers..but i showed almost 35000 cad for one year course..so it will more than enough for me and my wife .hopefully wil get updates soon

Reactions: wonderbly

tonyjohn1988

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
I am not sure how that will work. For what it's worth:

In my case, even though I reapplied for my SP, I didn't have to reapply for my kids who got their study permits together with me (IRCC told me there's no need since they weren't changing DLI).

I applied for my husband's SOWP on the 11th of May and I applied for my new SP on the 23rd of May, so as you can see, my husband's application was against my previous SP. In my new application, I didn't mention anything about my husband's SOWP being in process etc. I didn't refer to it at all.

His SOWP was approved on the 25th of June and his dates matched my previous permit's. My new SP was approved on the 9th of July - I still don't know the validity yet as I am only sending my passports for stampling today.
how many days they will take to start eligibility ?

Miin

Star Member
Jul 18, 2022
Hi..I am planning to change my program too..I currently just got my visa stamped..but u am still outside of Canada and my intake will be on January
may I know did anyone successfully change her program before entering to Canada?..because I am worry that they might question us during the entry in Canada

Me_A

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Hi..I am planning to change my program too..I currently just got my visa stamped..but u am still outside of Canada and my intake will be on January
may I know did anyone successfully change her program before entering to Canada?..because I am worry that they might question us during the entry in Canada
You can change your program within the same DLI but you can't change your DLI unless you are actively studying

Reactions: Miin

Miin

Star Member
Jul 18, 2022
You can change your program within the same DLI but you can't change your DLI unless you are actively studying
hi, yes I will be still in the same DLI..just change of program. Did you change your program too?