+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

change passport

architrato

Nov 30, 2012
Greetings,
I'm holding a PR card since Nov. 2009, my original with landing visa passport was lost while i was at home country outside canada in 2011, i got a new passport from my home country in 2011.
since 6 months by coincidence some one found my lost passport and sent it by mail to my home country address, and i managed to get in here in canada.
currently i have 2 passports since 2011 (one that have the original landing visa, other that is currently valid), please advice what is the appropriate action should be taken in order to update my personal info? and within what time duration?

many thanks,

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't need to do anything now just because you have an expired passport (the one with landing visa) and the current valid passport.

But when you renew your PR card, you will have to photocopy both expired and current passports, and submit them with other documents to CIC.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You might want to check with your home country's embassy/consulate in Canada with regards to the old passport. Hopefully they will return to you and stamped as EXPIRED.