+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

change of working permit

bhavs

Mar 9, 2014
goodmorning everyone , i need some advice
Recently I changed my working permit, from a cement finisher to metal worker,
But do I have the right to work for both companies? When I changed the working permit? Both of them are a close working permit.
Because ,theres no work for the company am working right now ,is it possible to work for the other one despite changing the working permit?is it accepted by Canadian law ?

Thanks hope to hear from you soon :D

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bhavs said:
goodmorning everyone , i need some advice
Recently I changed my working permit, from a cement finisher to metal worker,
But do I have the right to work for both companies? When I changed the working permit? Both of them are a close working permit.
Because ,theres no work for the company am working right now ,is it possible to work for the other one despite changing the working permit?is it accepted by Canadian law ?

Thanks hope to hear from you soon :D
No, only your latest work permit is valid. Note it says may only work for the above noted employer.

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Hi,
If you find some work from your previous employer again, you can continue to work for both employers...as ur work permit eligibile to work on same SIN(Social Identification Number)...dont worry...go ahead

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kalpan said:
Hi,
If you find some work from your previous employer again, you can continue to work for both employers...as ur work permit eligibile to work on same SIN(Social Identification Number)...dont worry...go ahead
And of course you are going to bail him out of CBSA custody, if he gets picked up working for the first employer without a valid WP?

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Hi
I meant to say that still his old work permit is valid....because his old employer has got some work to provide him...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kalpan said:
Hi
I meant to say that still his old work permit is valid....because his old employer has got some work to provide him...
No it isn't, his second closed work permit, supersedes his previous closed work permit.