+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHANGE OF WORK BEFORE RECEIVING PR

Gdalal

Feb 11, 2020
Hi guys,
I received ITA one month before completing my 2 years of work experience i.e (March 2018- March 2020), I received in FEb 5th draw? I heard which is fine,I just have to accept next month when eligible
Now I changed my job in Feb and joined recently on Feb 3rd. I didn't update my new work/job experience (which comes in different NOC code) as I didn't expect to come in FEB? It doesn't affect my points. I don't know what to do, should I update about my new work and how do I do that? please advise

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
I think it depends on the Express entry stream. CEC doesn't require you to have a valid job offer or to even be employed so it won't affect your application.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Once you have completed 1 year, you are eligible for CEC, so I don't know what the issue is.

If you are trying to claim points for an additional year, 2 years, then you'll be able to do so in March when you've actually completed the 2 years.

If I understood correctly you still haven't submitted your application. So when you do, you'll have to submit the documentation of your previous job and the that from new job.

Your contract and any available paystubs, etc.

Best thing you can do is being transparent.

Reactions: jes_ON

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Also your thread is a bit misleading, before receiving PR, is should say before applying or something on those lines.

Also, you're free to switch jobs as many times as you want, as long as they are considered skilled, you're fine.

Gdalal

Feb 11, 2020
Once you have completed 1 year, you are eligible for CEC, so I don't know what the issue is.

If you are trying to claim points for an additional year, 2 years, then you'll be able to do so in March when you've actually completed the 2 years.

If I understood correctly you still haven't submitted your application. So when you do, you'll have to submit the documentation of your previous job and the that from new job.

Your contract and any available paystubs, etc.

Best thing you can do is being transparent.
Thank you for your reply ...this really helps...I called cic too and they told me that to just show about my new job and all supporting documents