+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHANGE of VISA OFFICE [from Ottawa to Local VO] - Anyone ?

HopefulDreamer101

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi guys,

Any expert can help? Regarding Post-AOR process, in case all documents are checked and approved, what's next?

"If everything goes fine, you will get a Passport Request (PPR) and a Decision Made (DM) within 6 months of submission of complete application.

You can submit your passport (along with dependents’ passport, if they are accompanying you to Canada) at the nearest VFS??. They will send your passport to the embassy and deliver your passport back to you after the stamping is done. You will get a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) letter along with your passport that is stamped with the Maple Leaf Visa Smiley . You need to carry BOTH your passport(with the stamped visa) and the COPR when you are travelling to Canada."

Can I choose the VFS or it is indicated by CIC? Thanks for giving more details on this stage of the process
Ok, first of all, it might take more than 6 months, way more so just pace yourself. Might not, but it's better to be prepared to wait.
To answer your question, it's recommended to use VFS for sending the passport but you can also send via a prepaid return envelope from FedEx or DHL or whatever available. VFS is authorized by CIC so it's much more trustworthy. Very slow, but trustworthy..

jasonn

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Visa Office......
CPC-O Toronto
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
Hi,

Im in similiar situation. At the time of application submission i was in UK but now im in india and PPR requests me to submit my passport for stamping in UK.
I have mailed CPC-Ottawa and London VO and on top of it raised a CSE (picked the link from AoR so dont know if its CPC-Ottawa or London VO specific).

I can see everyone posted here was confused and got their situation addressed in different means like fax, mail or cse. Any input is appreciated.

Cheers

rvsp

Oct 2, 2018
can anyone reply this query please!

What can be done if not get any reply from CIC after even 7 days for request of dependent VO change to local since we live in different countries( i am in Canada and she's in India).

can i send my passport alone to Ottawa with out my spouse's passport(as she's in India and waiting for VO change for her), or do i have to wait until get reply from CIC? or any other suggestions would be really appreciated

Pankita

Dec 6, 2018
Hi folks, need your urgent help. Actually me and my husband both got ppr request on 27th nov and email says we meed to submit our passports to ottawa but the problem is that my husband is already in canada but i am in india we need to change my vo to delhi.we have put an email to change my vo but still there no reply from them it has been 10 days still haven’t heard back. Can someone help me out as time is running. Has any one got any suggestions please.

usaid75

Apr 4, 2016
Hi all, I send an email to cpc ottawa yesterday to change my visa office but did not get any auto acknowledgment of receipt of the email? is it normal? or everyone should get an auto acknowledgment email?