+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of University AND admission term

Asv21$

Jul 14, 2018
Hello,
I had got an admit from uOttawa for FALL 2018 for MEng course (course based) and had applied for my Visa with this admit. Now, I got into the MS (thesis) program at UNB for WINTER 2019. My primary aim is to do research and I am getting to do that at UNB with funding and am thus planning to change the University
The medicals for my VISA application already have updated and I may get my VISA within 1 or 2 days. What should I do if I get the VISA to make changes to my study permit with the new University and term?

Maggynas

Aug 17, 2018
Hello everyone, i want to find out is it possible to apply and change into a new college once in canada?

Asv21$

Jul 14, 2018
Hello,
I had got an admit from uOttawa for FALL 2018 for MEng course (course based) and had applied for my Visa with this admit. Now, I got into the MS (thesis) program at UNB for WINTER 2019. My primary aim is to do research and I am getting to do that at UNB with funding and am thus planning to change the University
The medicals for my VISA application already have updated and I may get my VISA within 1 or 2 days. What should I do if I get the VISA to make changes to my study permit with the new University and term?
Anyone who has done this???

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
Anyone who has done this???
Relax! It's not that big of a deal. Many students do this every term. My suggestion is wait and let your TRV get stamped in your passport. Once that is done then initiate DLI change via your online GCKey account.

What you get in your home country is TRV and study permit will be issued at the POE. So don't worry for study permit at the moment and wait for TRV to arrive first.