+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of status from student to visitor

Discussion in 'Foreign Workers' started by chetnasharma, Jul 6, 2019.

  1. Hi
    Need a genuine advice. My study permit is going to expire in july. My employer has offered me the LMIA and I got my file number. But he didn’t receive any call yet.
    So, my lawyer suggested me to change my status to visitor.
    Need a help, if my status changed to visitor and in between that period LMIA approves, should I go to border to collect my work permit?
    If yes, then what are the questions that are being asked?
    Will be a great help
  2. If you are from a visa exempt nation, yes. If not, you can still try, some people have been successful.
  3. If you change your status to visitor then you would have to wait out the time until a decision is made on your visitor application. Only then you can proceed with your work permit application at the border.

Share This Page