+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Status after applying for Spouse sponsorship.

chinthu3k

Aug 23, 2011
Hi,

I got laid off from my job a day after I applied for spouse visa. Currently I reside in Quebec. I meet the minimum income requirements needed to sponsor the visa.

Since , the application has not been received yet at the immigration office what are my options.

Secondly, I intend to move to where my new job takes me. If that means moving out of Quebec, what do I have to do in terms for letting the Immigration office know.

Thanks.

H

humpakwatan

chinthu3k said:
Hi,

I got laid off from my job a day after I applied for spouse visa. Currently I reside in Quebec. I meet the minimum income requirements needed to sponsor the visa.

Since , the application has not been received yet at the immigration office what are my options.

Secondly, I intend to move to where my new job takes me. If that means moving out of Quebec, what do I have to do in terms for letting the Immigration office know.

Thanks.
Nothing just keep looking for a new job and you will hopefully find it soon. You cannot go on social assistance but can apply for Employment Insurance.

Just update them with your new address online on E-CAS case status system and they will advise you if they need anything else from you.

chinthu3k

Aug 23, 2011
Thank you humpakwatan.

I am pretty confident I will find a job soon. Although it might not be in the province of Quebec.do I have to wait until they start processing my application to let them know of change of status Since there is a difference in procedure for Quebec applicants and Ontario?

My understanding is it takes CIC on average of 52 days to start processing a new file. Since, my file is not under process yet I am unable to change my address via E-CAS.