+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of province while file is in process.

izz83

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
Hey guys can anyone here help me out with this. I applied for citizenship from London Ontario and received my application number. Now i have to change my province and move to Edmonton, Alberta due to a job opportunity. So I called in and updated my new address with CIC. Do I also need to sign in any form or contact the respective office in Edmonton to update my citizenship office location or will the customer service people take care of this. Will appreciate any help or correspondence in this regards. Thank you.

sweetcute123

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-09-2016
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
24-01-2017
You didn't ask customer care?

expressentryqueen

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14th
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
January 14th
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
03-07-2016
Hey guys can anyone here help me out with this. I applied for citizenship from London Ontario and received my application number. Now i have to change my province and move to Edmonton, Alberta due to a job opportunity. So I called in and updated my new address with CIC. Do I also need to sign in any form or contact the respective office in Edmonton to update my citizenship office location or will the customer service people take care of this. Will appreciate any help or correspondence in this regards. Thank you.

i also moved from saskatoon to kingston while my application was in process. I called customer care and also raised a webform requesting a file transfer. And the transfer was completed.

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
Hi,

In this case, what if your file has already been assigned to you older office? will they forward your package to your new local office? this will delay the processing, right?

izz83

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
Yes. The file will be transferred to the new local office and this may take upto 3 months.

hanuz06

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
When I spoke with CIC agent, she told me that the if the docs already reached the office of the previous province then it might be processed there unless I notify that I moved to another province permanently and request to transfer my application to a new province's office.