+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Noc Code after ITA

Judy11

Mar 13, 2019
You can definitely change your NOC in the system after the ITA, but before the e-APR. I did this...just found a NOC that matches better with my job duties. I explained the change in my LOE...Hope it doesn't affect my application. Fingers crossed.
Did u get the pr

gitu

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2018
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
09-06-2018
hi guys..i had changed my noc code after I got my AOR. I requested a change by raising a cse. thankfully I got my PR . my case officer was kind enough to accept my NOC change. I wont encourage you all to do this. but if u have no option and in a position that you want to change something after u have got ur AOR, you can surely try it

Benbenson99

Sep 11, 2019
The agency i went through put an incorrect noc for me and realised it only after receiving an ITA . Should i go ahead and submit my job reference letters and supporting documents for the incorrect NOC and if it gets approved for eapr then does it affect my chances of getting a job in canada as per my correct work experience

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
The agency i went through put an incorrect noc for me and realised it only after receiving an ITA . Should i go ahead and submit my job reference letters and supporting documents for the incorrect NOC and if it gets approved for eapr then does it affect my chances of getting a job in canada as per my correct work experience
You can change the NOC after ITA as well. If you are FSW and your NOC is in Skill A, B, 0 or 00, you should be fine. Just explain the change in LOE.

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
You can change the NOC after ITA as well. If you are FSW and your NOC is in Skill A, B, 0 or 00, you should be fine. Just explain the change in LOE.
I am a CEC candidate working as Software developer. My LMIA is in NOC2174 for canada job i am working in.. So i chose NOC2174 in EE profile as well. But my previous experiences I feel more closely align with NOC2173 instead of NOC2174. Can we change NOC2174 to NOC2173 in post-ITA case. I understand for FSW we can change. Does any issue if we do this change in CEC case?

sanacan

Aug 29, 2020
I am a CEC candidate working as Software developer. My LMIA is in NOC2174 for canada job i am working in.. So i chose NOC2174 in EE profile as well. But my previous experiences I feel more closely align with NOC2173 instead of NOC2174. Can we change NOC2174 to NOC2173 in post-ITA case. I understand for FSW we can change. Does any issue if we do this change in CEC case?
Hi.. i m in the same boat.. i created my express profile with NOC 2173.. but my work permit is having NOC2174.. Can you or anyone please let me know if i can change my NOC to 2174 post ITA. Will it effect the result of my PR application

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
as per my understanding till now, one can change it and give LOE. I am keeping everything NOC2174 as i feel my skills are matching 50% on both sides. not clear demarcation as i do daily coding testing etc for last 20years but also do little investigations like 2173.

sanacan

Aug 29, 2020
as per my understanding till now, one can change it and give LOE. I am keeping everything NOC2174 as i feel my skills are matching 50% on both sides. not clear demarcation as i do daily coding testing etc for last 20years but also do little investigations like 2173.
Yes I guess u r right..we can change the NoC with LOE.. but don't u think it's not good to change as we have a valid work permit with one NoC and different for PR. This would imply that the work permit is not aligned with correct NOC..

sanacan

Aug 29, 2020
Yes I guess u r right..we can change the NoC with LOE.. but don't u think it's not good to change as we have a valid work permit with one NoC and different for PR. This would imply that the work permit is not aligned with correct NOC..
Probably it's better to keep it sync with the work permit.. in my case I chose 2173..but my work permit has 2174.. your case should be fine as u selected what u have in ur work permit..

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
logically its not true. our WP is for next job. In our past job our profile cud be different from present canada job.. And noc 2174 and 2173 are very overlapping i feel. Only thing that motivated me to keep 2174 was it talking about Coding. There is not much mention of coding in 2173 and thats why i felt inclined towards 2174 as coding and testing was my core thing in all work i had done.
so u r best to decide ur case as u know what exactly u did in them.

sanacan

Aug 29, 2020
logically its not true. our WP is for next job. In our past job our profile cud be different from present canada job.. And noc 2174 and 2173 are very overlapping i feel. Only thing that motivated me to keep 2174 was it talking about Coding. There is not much mention of coding in 2173 and thats why i felt inclined towards 2174 as coding and testing was my core thing in all work i had done.
so u r best to decide ur case as u know what exactly u did in them.
Yes I m planning to keep 2174 in all the places and provide a LOE as by mistake I had chosen 2173.. hopefully that should be fine.. also did u submit the documents.. and how long is it taking to process PR these days..

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
hi
i am in process to submit it. Got ITA in aug5 2020. Wahts ur stage. If u want we can sync up for docs submission. Good for both of us to avoid mistakes

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
i am reachable at kmsbytes At gmail .... com if u want to reach me. than we can sync up.

Feb 4, 2021
Hi please I need your advice, I changed my NOC from 4021 (before ITA) to 4011 (after ITA). I submitted my application February 3, 2021. Shall I send a letter of explanation now or is it too late? I ordered gcms notes and they haven't started eligibility yet. I am afraid to get rejected for this issue. Noting that this is not my primary NOC. Thank you and please if anyone can replay ASAP.