+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of nationality in last 10 years Post-ITA and EE profile where to mention

JiPo

Dec 11, 2020
Hello All dear forumers

I hold a European passport (I mean one of the EU countries) since five or six year now and I no longer hold my previous nationality (Indian).

However, I've lost Indian nationality due to surrender of passport and nationality renunciation procedure (as soon as I obtained my european nationality)

In my 10 year travel history, I mention countries I visited on my previous nationality passport, and some countries which I've visited with my new passport.

say 4 years since 2010 = indian passport
then 6 years since 2010 = european passport.

I don't see any mention in Express Entry or Post-ITA forms/documents to indicate this kind of change of nationality in the last 10 years.

Any guidance is welcome!!
Am I missing something ,is there a place where this information of change of nationality is relevant or not.

JiPo

Dec 11, 2020
In your Personal History section is a sub-heading called "Immigration History and Citizenship", but it's worded pretty ambiguously. You could easily understand it to not require your previous citizenships. You could add the Indian citizenship there and supply a LOE and the confirmation that you have renounced it.

"Tell us about XXX's previous applications to Canada, countries of citizenship, and the country where he/she currently lives."

Could mean either, previous applications and previous citizenships. Or previous applications and current citizenships.
I found it in the Personal Details section. When I click on the help for countries of citizenship. The word they use is "have" means currently. Confusing :)

Help - Country(ies) of citizenship
If you have more than one citizenship, choose "Insert Row" and enter all of your countries/regions/territories of citizenship.
If you do not have citizenship from any country, select "stateless."

JiPo

Dec 11, 2020
Could anyone else share valuable feedback like the person above took time to share this opinion. Thanks.